I think I need a brake flush

99integie

well the other day i went to get the brakes done because the bolts were so dam tight i couldnt get it off.. the mechanic ending up taking the whole brake caliper off cause he couldnt get it out. he used the torch methed to take the bolt out..... while that was happening the brake fluid was just drippin to the ground..

now when i drive i can feel the brake would slowly sink in a tiny bit. its very unfeelable and i could just barely notice it... this does not happen all the time only randomly at certain times..

i think i need to flush the brakes, there is probably air in the system which is why this happens to the brake pedals?

so i was wondering can i do a 1 man brake flush? is it possible i was thinking about getting a putting the brake bleeder hose into a bottle of brake fluid and just flush the lines till i see no air in them and then tighten the bleeder?

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
One man bleeding is possible but I'd be concerned about other issues. Heating up a caliper with a torch is a very bad idea. The seals in the caliper are rubber. He could have ruined the seals in the caliper. If so, be sure to let him buy you the new caliper.

wite2nr

I think you need a new mechanic buddy. There is air in the system if he did not bleed the calipers when reattaching the caliper. Start from the rear passenger, then rear driver, then front passenger, and finish by bleedingh the front driver side .

99integie

we actualy bleed it... he told me to press the brakes and i did a few times.. i geuss ill try the one man bleeding.. gona have to run around alot to refill the stupid reservoire and press the brakes... pain in the ass how long would this hole process take? can i just do the back ones and do the fronts another day?