i want 200+ whp any ideas?

cboe90DA

so heres the deal i have a b18a1 with a blown head gasket sitting in the shop and im gunna build the block to put into my DA in the future i have a b16a in my da now so what im asking is whats the best setup for my b18a block im gunna slap the b16 head on it when im done building it.

heres some ? i got

what crank/ rods / pistons are gunna give me the most hp/torq

should i stay with a ls crank/rods and go with some good pistons
or should i go with a whole ne w set up crank rods piston-aftermarket

now i want the power but i also want reliable and i do have all the stuff i need to run the all motor setup inj/fuel pump hondata etc.

any suggestion would be nice

thanx

superhypered

(╯°□°)╯ ლ(ಠ_ಠ ლ)
You want power, but you also want it to be reliable? You can't have your cake and eat it too.

dlo253

Well, first you gotta figure out if u want boost or NA. Browse ht and nonvtec.com
Im in the same process right now they got lots of good info. Detailed part/spec lists, dyno sheets. Anything u need lol juat google all motor ls build.

dlo253

But, get some higher compression pistons like ITRs, arp hardware, maybe deck the block n mill the head a little, port work, good valvetrain and a tune..... that with supporting bolt ons should make ya happy lol.

Hayvan

legitimately weird.
I'm over 200whp at the moment, N/A but you've got to invest a lot in your engine.
JDM B18C ITR block Benson's sleeves (wet)
EDM B18C6 head (flowed, stage 3)
85mm CP Pistons (12.5:1 CR)
Eagle rods + ARP rod bolts
OEM LS 89mm crankshaft
Edelbrock cams
Edelbrock Victor X + 68mm TB (portmatched)
Tri-y big tube header + custom vibrant exhaust line (2.5")
AEM fuel rail + Acura RDX Injectors
Neptuned
Oh and you might not believe it, but he's right ;)
You want power, but you also want it to be reliable? You can't have your cake and eat it too.

purp_db7

200 on a lsv is deff not hard you can have that an be reliable all day. some head work and a tune and your set the block just needs some arp here and there and it's a wrap.

Integraguy04

CORNER CARVER
Everyone will tell you the weak point of an ls vtec with a stock block is the rod bolts...but other than that it's good

I would say if your gonna open up the block do B16 pistons with arp rod bolts and then good bolt ons and I good set of cams (I like the skunk2 pro series)

Sent from my iPhone 4S

cboe90DA

im thinking type-R pistons wondering what crank and rods i should run that will handle the 9500 rpm,s also ordered the acl berrings kit

Integraguy04

CORNER CARVER
Ls crank will handle it and the rods should as well..if u want some security get the ls rods shot-peened. And arp rod bolts

U can to ITR pistons, I believe b16 will yield a higher comp ratio though

Sent from my iPhone 4S

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
why are you going to rev to 9500? How do you know you will rev to 9500?
i will tell you this, and since you say you want to go to sac raceway i assume you are in the sacramento area, there is no shop i trust to make 200whp. If you want your motor done, i suggest Raceline, or DnR. Having 200whp is a tall order from a b16. Look at all the latest all motor builds on here, some motors were even built by Evans Tuning MItch and Jake both fell short of their goals and they were projected to hit 200+. I suggest researching.