I want a little more power

integra_mjh

am trying to get a little more power out of my integra and a good tuning shop which won't cost me an arm and a leg..... Any suggestions?

intake, header, exhaust, full tune up, suspension parts (sways, strut bars,, tie bars, tires

and of course.. GOOD BRAKES!!!

suspendedHatch

Legalize Illegal Aliens
You don't go to a tuning shop for bolt-ons. Unless you're helpless with hand tools.

Bolt-ons are such a huge waste of money. Your car gets louder but not any faster. You wont feel any difference. Maybe I've been in this game too long... but I'd rather leave the car stock until I had a budget and a plan. Go right for some high compression pistons and some cams and cam gears. That's a difference you'll feel throughout the entire power band. And then when you get your intake, header, and exhaust, it will be another leap in power.

integra_mjh

thanx for the replies... i have a short ram headers and a full exhuast system but i just feel i have to have a little more is my daily commuter so am thinking in the range of 200-250 just enought to take on some GTs

Last edited:
go to phearable.net and buy a chipped ecu from john i think they're $175.00 and well worth it. he'll set you up with a basemap for your mods and you will feel a difference then.

suspendedHatch

Legalize Illegal Aliens
"Just a little more" from headers and exhaust and you expect to reach 200-250 hp? Are you kidding me? You know you're putting down 100-150 depending on what motor you have...

To get to your goal you're going to need turbo, NO2, or some serious N/A. Not bolt-ons. And you wont get there on the stock ECU.

jznsn2u

intake/headers/exhaust! Wait 200-250?~!?! .....I/H/E/CAMS/CAMGEARS/ROCKERS/SPRINGS/BLAHBLAHBLAH/TURBO!

corona88

I laughed when I read he wanted 200-250 with bolt ons hahahahaha.....alright seriously though your car stock is 115-118whp if its an LS....GSR I cant remember the number but whatever.....lets just say you have a an LS with H/E/I you at most will make 125whp....you just spent if you buy quality parts 1000ish I'm high balling it cause I refuse to cheap out. With that money you could have been 1/3 to a turbo build that will get you 200-250. Do some research first and if you have questions from there ask us and we will guide you through it.

integra_mjh

no shit of course am nt goanna get 200-250 on just pear bolt-ons but am not trying to break the butget either.... I know skunk makes some good bolt ons but anyone knows any other good websites.....