i want a nice muffler any sugestions

dylan

i want to get a nice muffler thats ganna sound realy good and isnt ganna break my bank. im planning on spending about 130 on it so any suggestions? i want it to be loud wen i step on the gas but not annoying

tork_sd89

Baywatch
maybe save up a lil more and get the Yonaka cat-back from tunersports? I wanted this but went with the Apexi WS II instead and I should have just went with the yonaka because I paid double and it was still back ordered! I should have it by the end of the week tho. Only thing i got was baller status because it's a "name brand" but.. if I were you i'd just be chill and save up another $120 to get a full catback

Last edited:

dylan

will it fit right on, or do i need to buy extra stuff for it, and does it improve the performence of my car?
sorry for the newbish questions im only 15

superhypered

(╯°□°)╯ ლ(ಠ_ಠ ლ)
as long as its more free flowing, you'll feel a difference and have a different engine note for sure..

oh yeah, and :google: :lol:

superhypered

(╯°□°)╯ ლ(ಠ_ಠ ლ)
if it says it fits your car, then it should fit your car.. You wouldnt believe how much research and development is put into these exhausts

tork_sd89

Baywatch
well bolt on parts never add TONS of hp. Intake, header, and exhaust are you're typical "bolt on" parts. And a cat-back will add a few hp might be slightly noticable. It will add more than just a muffler will because it replaces all the piping from the cat-converter all the way back. I think usually you can expect about 3hp from an exhaust I could be wrong tho. I went with the Apexi WS II because it's not RICEY. If what you want is quiet while crusing and normal driving but loud and deep at full throttle the Yonaka cat-back is good for you. It's a clone of the Apexi.

Teggy64

Got vtec?
don't just get a muffler. Save up some $ and get a catback. I have the ws2 and it's awsome.

milano_red

Imo go for the buddy club spec II. If you want loud. It's not too loud when sitting still, but a loud, deep tone (especially in vtec) around 50-60 mph. Look at YouTube and you will see what i mean

Sent from my EVO 3D using Tapatalk

Vidiot

Imo go for the buddy club spec II. If you want loud. It's not too loud when sitting still, but a loud, deep tone (especially in vtec) around 50-60 mph. Look at YouTube and you will see what i mean

Sent from my EVO 3D using Tapatalk
That's a lil out of his price range of $130. But I agree,totally bad ass
You could either:
*as suggested save a lil more for Yonaka
*buy a universal muffler,which would be B axle back
*or maybe this might work for you. Not sure of the quality but I found it thru search: http://www.upscaleautomotive.com/c-1268-catbacks.aspx

Good luck!