i want jdm sidemarkers

patrick4588

Integra God
alright so i have some new fenders and i want to get the jdm sidemarkers on them. what exactly is involved in putting these badboys on. obviously you need to get a hole cut for them, shoud i have a body shop do it? i am about to buy the sidemarkers and they come with a plug and play harness so i wont need to do any splicing.

Thrule01

Honda Addict
i think passwordjdm has a harness they sell for them

and you can cut it out or let a body shop your call

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
only splicing you have to do it into the harness for the corner bulbs already there.

Cutting the hole is easy... they make a stencil you can use online somewhere... I don't remember where I found mine.

Spray adhesive
Dremil
a steady hand
Touch up paint
electrical tape/shrink tube (if you want to be "legit" lol)

Dremil the hole out with the stencil... it prints to exact size off of the rub strip on your car. use some spray adhesive to make sure the stencil stays on the car. Then when you've cut the hole put touch up paint on the fresh surface to prevent rusting.

I did it in probably 2 hours with messing around outside on my EG. a lot easier then it seems, but just be sure to keep a steady hand. Cut inside the line on the stencil, then use a file to get it exactly to the line.

here's the site for EG's... I don't think it'll be much different for a teg tho:
http://members.cox.net/ninety2sir/techref/sidemarker/sidemarker.htm

patrick4588

Integra God
how precise does the hole need to be? what would i use to cut it?

patrick4588

Integra God
well, if you don't cut it strait your markers will be crooked, but just use the stencil and you'll be fine.
i dont have real steady hands and i think i would probably put them in the wrong place on each side of the fender. i wonder how much a shop would charge if i took them the fender? then again, whats the odds of the body shop being able to do much better.

patrick4588

Integra God
i saw on password jdm they sell the fenders with the holes already done with markers for 165. then paint. sheesh thats a lot for fenders. haha. mine arent THAT bad, just some tiny dents and what not. i dunno what i want to do. i want it to look good, but it needs like all new weather stripping, new fenders and bumpers and paint. i just dont get the same urge to fix the outside like i do to make it faster... sigh

Integra617

Chirp from 1st to 3rd!
Yeah, Go on Passwordjdm.com. .They have the sidemarkers and the harness. .Well what i'm doing is buying the new fenders which come precut for the sidemarkers. .Why not since i need new fenders anyways =D

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
password jdm has them with the holes cut, but you need to dip the blade in ice cold water after every cut to cool down the blade. it helps alot