I was in two accidents in one day (pics pg. 3)

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
One accident in each car. First the '95 GSR, later in the '05 Civic EX.

Got hit in the same spot on each car.

Both accidents not my fault.

Both of the other driver's were women. Just sayin'

GSR got hit in a parking lot by a 61 year old in a 1998 Blazer. I backed out of my parking spot....stopped....as I'm putting the car into 1st, the Blazer backs into my driver side rear quarter. Damaged the quarter towards the back near the taillight, the corner of the long piece that runs under the taillights got real crunched, and the side of the rear bumper got scratched, but not physically damaged, so I won't actually need a new bumper. The area of damage isn't real big on the quarter, but it's pretty deep. Pretty much nothing happened to her bumper, that was all that came in contact with my car.
Progressive will be writing me a big fat check for that incident. :headbang:

Civic got hit while I was actually out driving. I'm behind a 2000 Camry that's driving pretty slow, like 28 in a 30. A right turn only lane is coming up ahead that I am going to get in. When I get to it I accelerate and get over in the lane. At the last moment I see her put her blinker on to get in the same lane....I couldn't get all the way past her before she starts moving into my lane and she clips my driver's side in the rear quarter. Damaged the rear quarter, cracked up the taillight, scuffed my rim (fat five) a bit, and scratched up the side of the rear bumper. The Police wrote her a ticket for unsafe lane change, $72.40.

I know that threads like this really suck without pics, but my damn camera will not turn on and I have absolutley no idea why. I've tried 3 different sets of batteries. The thing hardly gets used, it sits on my computer desk collecting dust, and now it's deciding not to turn on.

Unbelieveable. I just can't stop saying to my self....unbelieveable. What a day.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Jesus man, that is terrible. Sorry to hear that, especially the GSR. I don't even want to see pics, that is heart breaking. You have one of the most tastefully modified Integras, and one of my favorite for sure. Atleast you have an excuse not to sell it now....:D

JDMsneakerz

dont believe the hype
man 2 accidents in one day? wow sorry man, super bad luck day. how long time apart was the accidents?

Rich-PMS

You're lucky, in jersey you wouldve been at fault for the civic one. Illegal to pass on the right.

Glad to hear you're ok.

jznsn2u

I'm glad your physically okay bro. Did you contact your insurance about the dammage's?

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
First accident was around 12:30PM, second was at 8:30PM.

I wasn't on the highway, it was a regular surface street in town. She was doing below the speed limit, so yeah, I passed her.

I haven't contacted my insurance, they won't be paying out any money anyway.

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
Dude, I'm sorry to hear. That's absolutely insane; two accidents in one day that were not your fault. :(

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
I haven't contacted my insurance, they won't be paying out any money anyway.
I wouldn't unless you absolutely have to. A lot of times, they will pitch a bitch fit and try to jack up your rates even though it was a not a fault incident. Insurance agencies are like having a bipolar, schizophrenac friend....they are all cool, calm and collected when things are right, but one little things goes out of place and it's time to for some freaking out, panicking and a little erratic decision making.

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
I wouldn't unless you absolutely have to. A lot of times, they will pitch a bitch fit and try to jack up your rates even though it was a not a fault incident. Insurance agencies are like having a bipolar, schizophrenac, kleptomaniac friend....they are all cool, calm and collected when things are right, but one little things goes out of place and it's time to for some freaking out, panicking and a little erratic decision making.
:rolf:

Don't forget they like to steal our money too.

rockadilla

thats right.
Damn dude that sucks, women can't drive (just saying) lol

at least it doesn't seem like the damage was TOO bad and you're gonna be able to fix them with the insurance money