IAT temps

DC4Dan

For those of you who datalog or have a obd2 adapter, what temps is your iat reading? I live in southwest Florida and mine are often around 150-160 when moving which seems extremely high to me. Could it be a bad sensor? What are all your temps? I'm running headers, should I wrap them? My intake pipe is often so hot I can't touch it for long.

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
Those Sri pipes get hot from the engine heat

Muckman

Not a M0derator
I have to take exception to this question because you are asking for a data value that is not static.

Since you have seen the IAT data on your own vehicle then obviously you know the value changes with vehicle speed, ambient temp etc, driving conditions etc. Please rephrase the question and try again.,

Nick_C78

Also you have to remember it is sucking in hot ass air from the engine bay. So it isn't going to read the temp it is outside.

DC4Dan

I have to take exception to this question because you are asking for a data value that is not static.

Since you have seen the IAT data on your own vehicle then obviously you know the value changes with vehicle speed, ambient temp etc, driving conditions etc. Please rephrase the question and try again.,

Is a 150 iat reading reasonable to have or not?

DonJulio

Reppin' tha NW
150 is hot as shit if you ask me lol, I'm dying at 90. Ambient with no ac, I highly doubt engines want air that hot.

Shield off your sri filter into your fender air duct, heat wrap your intake piping and heat wrap your manifold.

Muckman

Not a M0derator
150 is hot. But it would be expected if the car wasnt moving, sitting hot at a red light etc. Once the car starts moving the air should circulate and the temp should come down. At highway speeds for a minute the temp should be close to ambient temp.

Try a cold air intake and let us know what the IATs are.

DC4Dan

The tempature doesn't really change much when driving around 55. I'll get you a readout later today. I'm thinking of trying some sort if ice box

Muckman

Not a M0derator
Do you have another method of measuring under hood temp? It would be interesting to measure what the engine bay temps are under the same conditions. I've used a multimeter with a thermal probe before to measure engine bay temps.

The engine bay SHOULD cool down as the vehicle moves as air circulates through it. First we want to determine is the 150* IAT because air is stagnant air OR is it heat soak. And from there we have different resolutions.

DonJulio

Reppin' tha NW
Just get an icebox or cai.

Muckmans complex mind gives me headaches.

Just like his youtube dyno pulls and he'll get off your back.

:p