identify part

Cripton805

I need a part identified. It looks like a square on the back of the block. It looks like its beneath the PCV and next to the oil filter. There's 2 bolts that hold down an oil seal and that part. The bolts holding down the part are vertical to each other. This is on a B18C1.

I don't feel like jacking up the car for pics. It could be an obvious part.

Prozon

Kris
The crankcase vent.. box.. thingy..

I can't remember it's exact name. But the PCV hooks into it, and it hooks to the back of the block to vent the crankcase pressure.

Cripton805

The crankcase vent.. box.. thingy..

I can't remember it's exact name. But the PCV hooks into it, and it hooks to the back of the block to vent the crankcase pressure.
I'm going to have to take a pic. I don't think its the PCV. About 1.5qtz leaked through there in 600 miles. I was so damn pist because I though it was my oil pan gasket. It might also be that little piece that holds the oil filter. We can't figure where my leak is. Especially because it only leaks at freeway speeds. Fml
I replaced my pcv too because I had oil in my intake.

Stoopid beeesh... lol

Prozon

Kris
Don't mind all the BLUE from my motor.. but you're referring to the little "BLUE" box to the right of the oil filter? Right under the intake? It's usually a black box.

Cripton805

You know what. Now that I look at it this way, It does seem like that pvc box. Lmao
I'm missing the bolt right beneath it. Would oil leak through there? I didn't know that little canister could leak oil enough to cause problems. I though it only directed the case pressure into the manifold and spit occasional oil into the combustion chamber for emmision type deal, but very little. I'm losing quite a bit of oil. Unless that's not the only part leaking.

Prozon

Kris
That sounds plausible, MJones.

Anyways.. the box really shouldn't have any oil in it. It's just a breather "chamber." A little blow-by, but not any serious amounts of oil. If you're leaking from the back of the block I would suggest changing the oil filter. The seal might be bad, and it could be following the block and leaking off that box. It could also be the oil pressure sensor leaking right next to the oil filter.

phatintegra

Banned
I have seen allot of people change out there oil filter but the old seal gasket is always stuck in there, so in this case the oil filter is not permanently sealed.

Something to be aware of in the near future.

Cripton805

Thanks guys. Ill look into all of those suggestions, they all make sense.
+ rep for everyone!..... oh.. wait. lol