Idle issue

96GSRguy

Hey guys I'm new to the forums.

Anyways I have a 96 Integra GSR for a few months now and I've been fixing things as I go(previous owner did not maintain it very well...)
Recently I've been having Idle issues, The engine will idle at 1500rpm after it has warmed up. At the same time I got a check engine light which indicated high coolant temperature. Now this comes and goes, I can fix the issue temporarily by shutting off the engine and restarting it.

I recently replaced my coolant temperature sensor because the needle on the gauge was jumping around. that fixed the gauge, and the idle issue went away for a couple weeks but has now returned. I also notice that the car feels sluggish in warmer weather.
Also to clarify my temperature gauge has never past the half way mark.
I noticed when I took it to the garage my coolant temp read between 87-92 degree's while the gauge never went over half(it sat a few degree's below the half way marker the whole time)

A mechanic has told me that the radiator is the problem.
but I'd like some opinions from guys who actually know how the cars work inside and out. Any idea's you can throw at me?

My car has 181,000 km.

Afireinside

Fill your coolant and if it continues its probably your IAC valve. Do a search for IACV and you should find all the answers you need!
Good luck

96GSRguy

Thanks for the advice guys I will be looking into that shortly.

I went ahead and purchased a new radiator, I took out the old radiator and this is what I found LOL. Picture says a 1000 words.

Here is a comparison between new and old, wow.

Turns out there was an issue with the new part. I need to wait until Monday to order a new one.

wooker_nok

IAC or thherma switch make sure hoses are not clogged up n check thermal valve too... under ur throttle body

2oo1Dc2

wow. makes me want to make sure mine isn't that dirty. my idle does the same thing except my idle will stick at 2k when its cold outside.

emd513

wow. makes me want to make sure mine isn't that dirty. my idle does the same thing except my idle will stick at 2k when its cold outside.
Iac, fit valve, throttle body gasket, tps, vacuum leak. All cause that problem

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2