idle issues...

druStylez

Just came up on a 92 Integra GS, and having some idles issues. When I first start the car cold it idles around 2K and than drops around 500 or so and the engine wants to stall. Also when i press the throttle, it does respond quickly there is a delay until the engine registers it same with my rpm tachs. Any help? Any advice or solutions would be gladly appreciated.

iCali

Daily User
So when the cars cold it will idle at around 1500-1750 ish. when timing is correct it should idle warm at 750. When i got my teg i had a hella of a time finding out why its would idle some days then die the other and not start. Has the car actually stalled on you? or does it just feel like is going too? I had to change my fuel pump and fixed the problem.

druStylez

It stalls if its cold when i try to drive it, but if its warm it drops like around 400 and it starts to shake. And when i press the gas it seems like there is a delay before the engine registers it

Reese

Hey im having the same issue's. If you figure out the problem please let me know. My check engine light had came on and the code was the EGR valve. I took it out and clean it and the throttle body but it still does the same. So hopefully it is the EGR valve cause im replacing it next week.

druStylez

im having the exact issue on hot start up it drops rpms really low and there is a 3 second delay after holding the throttle down before the engine registers it. If i dont warm up the car it wont even go 20 ft with out stalling. did you ever fix the problem?

93_tegg

Hey guys in havin the same problem with my 93 Ls, i have the codes 12-3 and 15-1. if i replace the Dizzy, will that fix my problem? plz let me knw, thanks!!

Reese

@93_tegg
I doubt the dizzy will fix the problem. Cause I just replaced mine's and I still have the idle issue.

Reese

Hey I fixed the problem what I did was bleed the cooling system and then tighten up the fast idle control valve.
Hope this help's

93_tegg

well i sorta fixed the problem, the previous owner was either a dumbass or who ever he took the car to be wrked on, because the engine is a 91 GS and the shell is a 93 LS so he has a different manifold and had the vacuum lines and hoses routed all wrong!! so i re-routed a few hoses and its doing better................ For now :/

All the questions in this thread have been answered many times here on CI. Please utilize the SEARCH feature more often guys. It will save you immense amounts of time.