Idle Problem - Possibly Power Steering Related?

Prozon

Kris
Lol, I can unplug mine and it stays running. My car idles and runs fine.

You can't, and yours doesn't.

I win. :p

Prozon

Kris
Just make sure to get the right one. Like I said I saw that there were quite a few different IACV's.

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
Here's another issue - a flashing oil light and random stalls. Oil level is fine, had this issue about two weeks ago, and the shop said it needed a new Vtec Solenoid and I said that didn't make sense. We repalced the gaskets in the solenoid (top and bottom) and he replaced the oil sensor. Now it started again. Thoughts?

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
I'm pondering if it is a headgasket issue. I have minimal coolant loss that I can tell but when I rev high at idles i do get white smoke.

Cman46290

some smoke at high rpm is normal... but an oil light can also be low oil pressure... that could something major. Does your vtec engage now properly?

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
When we had this issue arise two weeks ago, he manually checked pressure and told me it was fine. He said the solenoid so I did the gaskets thinking it was clogged (he never told me how they looked) and that all seemed to fix it fine temporarily. Vtec I can hear hit and all, but I don't feel like it pulls as hard as it should, if that makes sense. At around 4500 I can hear it, but I don't feel that intense pull anymore, although it's pullnig a bit harder than normal.

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
Bump! After googling I hear it could be a crank shaft gone bad. Or an oil pump. Or a dirty oil screen, or it could even be the vtec solenoid or vtec pressure valve? Thoughts?

Prozon

Kris
Texted again.

I don't think it is a worn crank, with 120k on the motor it doesn't seem likely in my opinion.

Prozon

Kris
Texted again.

I don't think it is a worn crank, with 120k on the motor it doesn't seem likely in my opinion.

Tok1nT3g

FOOLY MATIC
had the same problem wit mine, prety shure its the fast idle valve if you already cleaned the aicv plus if the aicv is bad it would have set off chek engine light,but try dis link http://youtu.be/L788jKEVblY gl wit fix dont sink money jus to replace parts it gets costly///