Idle problem resolved!

jdean41

So i posted a while back about an idle issue i was having. I ordered a p75 ls ecu and put it in, cleaned my IACV again and wahlaaa smooth idle. So if anyone has an idle issue and they are unsure of what it may b, just pm me and describe me your problem, cuz it could possibly b the same problem i had.

leftyfork

Nice. Where did you get your ecu, and how much was it? I would like to get my hands on your old ecu maybe, to check it out. I mess around with component level repair, and maybe I can learn something from that and help you guys repair your ecus.

stormnorman

I got an idle problem. sometimes i idle at 1 or like 1,4 and other times i idle normal or below normal but it will either fluctuate up or down. whenever its high i turn on my ac and that uusallly makes it stay below 1 sometimes.

jdean41

That sounds like either a vaccum problem, or you could try cleaning your IACV, TB and FIT valve. Thats similiar to what mine was doing but it was consistent, and i was burning reallly rich due to the ecu telling it to send to much fuel. And i ordered my ecu off ebay for like 75 or 80 bucks after shipping and stuff. My old one is going to be retuned and im going to use it when i do my build

stormnorman

actually mine has been consistent, started paying more attention to it when i drove home from work. but are you talking about cleaning it with the spray or actually taking it out and clean it?

jdean41

Pull your throttle body and idle air control valve all the way off and clean them with carb cleaner and let them air out for about 30 minutes. Also pull your spark plugs and check them to c if you might b burning rich or lean. Rich they will be black and lean they will be really white, but if your burning stoich they will look like they did when u bought them, or a little pale white.

stormnorman

Pull your throttle body and idle air control valve all the way off and clean them with carb cleaner and let them air out for about 30 minutes. Also pull your spark plugs and check them to c if you might b burning rich or lean. Rich they will be black and lean they will be really white, but if your burning stoich they will look like they did when u bought them, or a little pale white.
How the hell did you get those hoses off!!? lol

jdean41

lol a hell of alot of elbow grease lol. and a pair of soft tipped pliers that i have especially for hoses:) lol
it wasnt easy haha

stormnorman

Idle is FIXED!! well sorta it still show signs of fluctuation but not much, just need to play with the amount of air that travels through alittle more and im set, Those damn hoses were too much and the idle is good enough right now lol. Thanks for the thread Jdean

jdean41

no. anywhere from 750 to 1200 is considered a good idle. So anywhere in between there. I like mine set on 1200 because since my rpms are up a little more its easier to take off on extremely steep hills, and we have several of those where i live lol