Idle problem

Jdmblock

My DA9 has an idle problem. The idle goes up and down up and down between 1000 and 2000 rpm. I have already replaced the throtle possition sensor, idle air control valve, and throtle boddie. WTF is the deal

dc2ant

I have the same problem my next step is to delete all the vaccum lines and close them off

Jdmblock

iim assuming it would not pass emmisions then

VITOMAN1977

start the car. make sure the idle is acting up and get a can of break kleen and spray a mist about a foot or two away from all the vacuum lines and intake manifold. If there is a leak, the car will stumble even more when the mist finds it.

Is the idle air control valve exactly below the Throttle Body? Is it the one with 2 small coolant bypass hoses going to it? ^ if it is, did you replace it with a used one or new one?

^ if it is used, did you check it with another car to make sure it doesn't have the same problem?

^ if not, or you don't know, you have to take it apart and there is a nylon screw inside that has to be turned clockwise to tighten it up. It allows coolant to bypass through it and bumps idle up until the coolant warms up. Once the coolant is warm, idle will come back down. if the nylon screw is loose, it'll cause the surge in idle.

If you live in socal i can help you out.

vito

redheadteggy93

I have this same problem with mine but it only does it in the morning when I first start my car and does it like 3 times and then doesn't do it again. Also, it only does this every couple of days. Any suggestions or does it sound like the same prob?

Mildsquare

From the bay to LV
X2 on the replacement parts being new or used? check for vacum leaks like mentioned above, also check the fast idle throttle body valve like VITOMAN1977 stated and try cleaning the iac( if used), with some throttle body cleaner. also when taking apart and reassembling the fitv make sure to be careful when screwing the plunger down. if you bend the inside of the unit it will throw things out of whack, I bent mine and had to change it out. after that everything worked fine.

da9kiddo

I just had the same probleme car is at the shop told me ithat it was my ignitor and my wiring harness don't knoe if that will help you out

Golden_DA

Here's a quick test take off your Intake pipe and on the Manifold their is two air holes cover them up put your pipe back on and turn on the car if it stops than hit me back up and we will go from their if it works do not keep it their for long you do not want to cause more damage than what u got

coletrain3575

I have the surging idle problem like many have. i have cleaned the IACV, checked for vacuum leaks (none), and when i take my intake pipe off the manifold and put my hand over most of the intake, the idle drops down to were it should be and doesnt surge anymore, any thought on how to permanetly rectify this problem?