Idle problems. HELP PLEASE!

jdean41

I have a 92 integra gs. Its a five speed and has the b18a1. When i start the car up in runs smooth as butter. But after it gets warm the idle drops below 1000rpm and bottoms out a little bit. It doest effect the way it drives its only at a still idle. Checked the vaccum lines and they all appear to b fine. The only other thing i can think of is that the valves need to be adjusted. Help would b greatly appreciated!

ACURANSXT00

WELCOME TO CI:

If it is not a vaccum leak. Start the engine let it run until it acts up and listen toward the back of the engine near the Fuel Injecters and Dual Cams. Listen for leaked air coming out. If you hear anything unusual you may need to replace the seal. I forget what it is called. I had the same problem. If it is hard to hear with the engine running put mat or blanket over the engine so it will drown out the engine noise. Don't leave the blanket/mat on the engine any longer than you have too. If you don't hear anything unusual (leaked air) than check your spark plugs, wires and distributor. If you take off all of your spark plug wires make sure to draw a diagram of which wire goes from the engine to the distributor. Trust me, beside the length of the wire it makes life much easier! If you want to try to make sure you have them plugged in correctly, you can Google to get the correct wire settings.

jdean41

Thanks this helps. My vaccum system has ben checked completely and all my vaccum lines are secure. Having the valves done this week and doing a tune up tomorrow. Maybe i will get it worked out!

jdean41

i think i have an exhaust leak on the gasket connecting my header to my cat. Carbon buildup on my tail pipe indicates that, as well as my idle problem and the increased noise from my exaust.