Idle rough ????

soggieb18b1

soggie
I have a 95 teg. my idle is @ 500 always.Sometimes the exhaust rattles against the back bumper.is this normal? it has 173000 miles and passed state emissions no problem.Doesn't run rough but kinda boggs when gettin on it. NO CEL or maint req.lights? CONFUSED.

bustmysack

well your idle should be around 1000rpms for warmup and after warm up should sit around 750rpms. I'd say adjust your idle set screw up to 750. its probably bogging down because your running rich, with the idle being lower it changes your a/f ratio alittle and it can bog your car down and give you shitty gas mileage

well your idle should be around 1000rpms for warmup and after warm up should sit around 750rpms. I'd say adjust your idle set screw up to 750. its probably bogging down because your running rich, with the idle being lower it changes your a/f ratio alittle and it can bog your car down and give you shitty gas mileage
I'm confused as to how the idle changes the afrs throughout the rpm range and causes it to bog...

sinful_dc2

sinful_dc2
rough idle ....

i had the same prob recently , ended up being my tps, it was idleing like i had cams.. lol ...anyways might wanna start there

mikekh10a

i think you should take out your IACV and clean it out with some simple green, mines had a crapload of dirt and i felt a difference afterwards