idling issues

rascally691

i have a 95 integra with a b20 swap does anyone know why it has a studder while idling it only does it when at red lights it almost dies for a second and then idles fine

Shadowwolf

Shadowwolf_DA9
Have you checked to see if your ecu is throwing any codes?

It may be a faulty IAC valve.

rascally691

its not showing any codes.it just drops idle once and picks right back up runs great other than that but thanks for the info ill check it out more just got it so trying to fix it up

delsolcurt

has your idle screw been messed with? when was the last time you cleaned your throttle body? idle screw should be a turn and a half out. 2 at the most. i wouldn't go anymore then that. is there two holes on the inside of your throttle body on the left side? while your running your car try plugging up the top one. that will block off the idle control valve. i would just give everything a good cleaning before throwing parts at it. when was the last time you checked your coolant temp sensor. believe it or not this can mess with fuel trim, your tps sensor, your 02 sensor, map sensor. all of these effect how your car will idle.

delsolcurt

to calibrate your tps or the check it. grap a multimeter. put it on 20 dc. black goes to negative battery terminal. and power goes to red. at wide open throttle it should read 4.5 and closed .48-.50

delsolcurt

just cleaned mine because i had the same issue. got some tb and intake cleaner(crc) cleaned all the holes nooks and crannies. new tb gasket. made a world of difference. and if your going to clean your iacv. i wouldn't use brake cleaner cause that could eat away at your plunger thats on the inside. use the tb cleaner only. its electrical, and sensor safe.