if i do this ....

1990TeGLs

Official CI Thread Jacker
well i just got back from nathans....there was a lot of people there and alot of crazy ass bastards racing there cars....neway...i was driving around with my boy and i was thinking in my head my tranny is just completely fukin shot its just a matter of time b4 it blows...its been making a graveling noise when i let the clutch out for the past 6 months...but now shifting gears isnt to much fun...its pretty damn stiff so i wanna throw a new tranny in...i wanna go for the stock LS tranny but if i do a b16a swap can is till use this tranny?and does neone rec. throwing in a stage 2 clutch.? and if i do ls.vtec is it a straight tranny to use? i mean im guessing there pretty strong mines help up for quite a while...

g3teg97

Super Moderator
You'll want to change over everything from the LS to the B16 engine, tranny, and ecu.

Winki

Undercover mod
yes a b series tranny will bolt to another b series just make sure, since you have a 1990 teg just make sure the tranny you get is a cable. otherwise you'll spend money doing an cable to hydrolic(sp) swap. plus with the b16 you will have to get it tuned for an LS tranny or you will fall out of Vtec when shifting. hope this helps.

Winki

Undercover mod
o yeah a clutch is a good thing

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Definetly do the clutch, possibly throw in a flywheel. Best to get that out of the way while you are in there. B16 tranny would be good for ls/vtec.

1990TeGLs

Official CI Thread Jacker
my clutch only has 30,000 miles on it....but i cant decide if i wanna do the swap or the ls.vtec...i gotta see who can get me a deal around here..

Melt

the lone outdoorsman
i say swap the b16 now while shits about to blow up

ls tranny is good if you do a lot of highway driving (Better gas miles and higher top speed) ... but if you are gonna be out racing people 1/4 then get a b16 tranny

tonys2teg

super brother
NONONONONONO.... I HEAR HORRIBLE THINGS ABOUT B16 IN A DA.! I HEAR THERE ARE VERY LIL GAINS,

IMO I WOULD FIND A SHOP THAT KNOWS HOW TO DO LS/VTEC. BUILD THE HEAD SLAP IT ON THE A1 BLOCK AND THROW IN gsr trans then rock out with your cock out . thats the step i am going with. IF YOU DON'T BLEIEVE ME SO A SEARCH ON G2IC.COM IT WILL TELL YOU

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
The lack of TQ the B16 has to move a car as heavy as a G2, compared to a Civic I'm saying.

tonys2teg

super brother
sorry for the no repost but teg sox covered it for me.... i hear is a slug in the da .. basically spend the extra $$ for a gsr...