if it stolen?????

h22ateggy

G-ZrrrrMobin
hey guys quick help from u guys i got a friend thats about to get his first teg he told me to check it out first.. its in gud shape and the motor is too its a jdm b18c he has no papers on the motor so i want to know how can i find out if the motor is stolin or not he says its lagit but u cant always trust u know so if any body now help ur ci member out lol ?????

Last edited:

Kiss My ASS

Let the state patrol or highway patrol check it out... Every motor should have a vin on it and they could run the vin to check if it is stolen. Good luck on your buddy ride.

white sedan

If he doesnt have paper work for the motor, i would walk away from it. its hard to tell if a JDM motor is stolen since there are no VIN Tags on it.

just remember, having a stolen motor is the same as stealing a motor, you're screwed either way.

h22ateggy

G-ZrrrrMobin
so will that have to do?? wat if the motor just doesn't come up in their system period will they screw u for that or will they just figure its imported ????

imcnblu

Resident G2 Guru of C-I
In all fairness, are you old enough to be working around cars? Your spelling and grammar are horrible. I'm not trying to be mean, because believe me, ask anyone on this site, I can be pretty harsh. I'm serious, are you really that bad at spelling/grammar?

h22ateggy

G-ZrrrrMobin
im sorry i didnt know this was spelling and grammar class every one seemed to get i ment. Opinions like yours are not needed ....

NeroCB7

Honda Lover
In all fairness, are you old enough to be working around cars? Your spelling and grammar are horrible. I'm not trying to be mean, because believe me, ask anyone on this site, I can be pretty harsh. I'm serious, are you really that bad at spelling/grammar?
bumb

mirrorimg

im sorry i didnt know this was spelling and grammar class every one seemed to get i ment. Opinions like yours are not needed ....
If you want people to continue to help you, you will learn that spelling and grammar, as well as sentences that make sense, will be better in the long run.

I, for one, don't help people if they don't take the time to type a coherent message.

imcnblu

Resident G2 Guru of C-I
I lol'd at this.

Like I said, I was in no way trying to be harsh. You have no idea how many idiots I have kept out of this site. For those that come and ask for genuine help, and conduct themselves accordingly, I'll offer all the help in the world. For those that come in and act like assholes or 9 year old kids, or better yet, 9 year old assholes, I'll dish out a bit of "pwn" that has run off more than a fair share of useless members, who didn't want to post anything constructive.

I have a nickname around here... Look me up. Believe me, I have been MUCH meaner, to less ignorant stuff. But, for the sake of me being in an awesome mood because I'm rebuilding my DA to be better than ever, after sitting in a building for a year after having a tree fall on it, I'm in an exceptionally good mood, and have opted against going off on the OP.

For what its worth, I'll even offer my $.02 on the topic at hand. What the others have told you is pretty much spot on. If the car is a J-spec imported motor, it won't have a US VIN number on it. Only thing you can go by is the serial number. If there is no paperwork to prove its legitimacy, its not worth the risk. Usually, if the deal sounds too good to be true, it usually is. Would you want to spend $x,000 on a nice swap, only to find out the motor is stolen if you get pulled over. Then, you'll be charged with possession of stolen property, have the motor taken out, get fined (or worse, jailed), and STILL be screwed out of your money for the swap. I know a good deal is hard to pass up. But sometimes, its best to just save up a little longer for a sure thing. Just save your cheddar until you find something that is "no questions asked" legit, and go that route. You'll be much happier. Then, God forbid, if you're motor is stolen, at least you'll have the paperwork on it to prove its yours, so if it ever turns up, you'll have the ability to get it back.

Now, to the OP, on a note relating to your bad grammar, etc. From guy to guy, what Jason (mirrorimg) said is true. If you want good help, from knowledgeable members here, please try to make your posts easier to read. With the kind of grammar in your current posts, you might get quick answers, but the question is, will they be right? 50/50. If you compose yourself like someone who seems, overall educated, you're likely to get attention from more "established" members who have been around the block when it comes to all things Integra.

best of luck to you...

h22ateggy

G-ZrrrrMobin
you know what hondagod u got me ok, i get it. Thanks for the tip and even though i responded out of hand im thankful for your help. I guess when i wrote that i was in texting mode haha hope u can help latter in the future with any other questions i might have oh and im 19 haha just sayin ...

Cheesenip

I <3 2.4l's
X2345678908574635241 I love you Jake.

Last edited: