Ignition switch will not release key.

Will79

Keeping it simple
I recently made a swap of dash board on my integra from the peanut butter color to black, connected everything back up but for some reason when I get to the point where you push the key in to twist so the it realeases it, it doesn't unless I remove the battery terminal to completely shut the cars electrical off, once again this was not an issue before the swap, after the swap I also check things out before locking everything in place, and today in the morning it felt like putting me in this situation, it's a 99 gsr motor swap I hope to get someone's idea to something I'm over looking and thanks in advanse.

superhypered

(╯°□°)╯ ლ(ಠ_ಠ ლ)
I had a similar experience in my automatic RX8 one time.. Turned out I turned it off when it was in neutral so it wouldnt spit the key out

Will79

Keeping it simple
I had a similar experience in my automatic RX8 one time.. Turned out I turned it off when it was in neutral so it wouldnt spit the key out
Well I always after doing anything (driving/parking) place the shifter in neutral, hit the e-brake and turn off the car, follow by taking the key out of course... I would never leave it in gear to turn it off. any particular difference?

Will79

Keeping it simple
Cool figured it out with a little help from my mechanic who told me he had grounded a cable to the car and that was the reason that made the key release, got me thinking when I did the dash on weather I pulled this wire or not, so I doubled check for it and sure enough I had cut the damm thing, after re grounding this my key came back out... nice!

Will79

Keeping it simple
Yea, to make more sense of it... since the car was automatic and had that type of harness, when the new GSR engine was installed they had to cut some wires that use to go to the GEAR selector before and left one wire grounded to make the car think it always in "park" so it would release the key.

superhypered

(╯°□°)╯ ლ(ಠ_ಠ ლ)
oh you have a manual swapped integra? So I was sort of right regarding my personal experience with an auto.. Manuals are nicer though.. Much more control, you can do pretty much whatever you want. With the auto... Obviously the car does everything for you, but... yeah you know what i mean

DGO1800

oh you have a manual swapped integra? So I was sort of right regarding my personal experience with an auto.. Manuals are nicer though.. Much more control, you can do pretty much whatever you want. With the auto... Obviously the car does everything for you, but... yeah you know what i mean
Preach