i'm a retard i need help

Spody02

Name: Cody
alright so i was in a hurry and had to finish adjusting my valves... so i finally finished and put the valve cover back on put everything together and decided i would start it up and let it warm up before i put the wheel back on... and i went to start it up and heard a horrible noise and snap and i shut the car off... and it turns out i left the wrench on the bolt to adjust the crank, got no idea whats it called and it snapped that bolt... i got no idea how to get it out...

any ideas? :cry:

http://www.acuraoemparts.com/delray/jsp/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=INTEGRA&catcgry2=1998&catcgry3=3DR+GS-R&catcgry5=CRANKSHAFT-PISTON&ListAll=All&vinsrch=no
^part number 18 if you dont know what i'm talking about

silvertegls

alright so i was in a hurry and had to finish adjusting my valves... so i finally finished and put the valve cover back on put everything together and decided i would start it up and let it warm up before i put the wheel back on... and i went to start it up and heard a horrible noise and snap and i shut the car off... and it turns out i left the wrench on the bolt to adjust the crank, got no idea whats it called and it snapped that bolt... i got no idea how to get it out...

any ideas? :cry:

http://www.acuraoemparts.com/delray/jsp/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=INTEGRA&catcgry2=1998&catcgry3=3DR+GS-R&catcgry5=CRANKSHAFT-PISTON&ListAll=All&vinsrch=no
^part number 18 if you dont know what i'm talking about
drill a whole in it and get an ez out to get it out. Im not sure if it will work but you can try it.

imcnblu

Resident G2 Guru of C-I
that's probably going to be your best bet, honestly. i usually have more advice than that, but that is a doozy. best of luck.

Spody02

i've been talking to some guys on honda tech and they said as long as its just the head that broke off then all tq should be gone and it shouldnt be too hard to get out... just have to be super carefully

Last edited:

Spody02

used a center punch then drilled then used an easy out

came out like butter... put the new one... started right up =]