I'm an idiot (read me)

Jmoney187

LivinLow
The whole time i've had this car i've been gearing up for the all motor B18b build.. which untill today was basically getting ready to happen. I called my mechanic for some prices on ti valvetrain parts and not even after getting a few prices he's decided for me that i'm not building that motor becuz it simply will not be worth it.. i would get very tourquey but just not the power that i want for the money i'm spending.
So as he is talking to me about other options i already kno about and already considered but dismissed do to funds, these options have re-opened such as: motor swap, ls-vtec or turbo.
But after i realized i would have a chance to borrow some money to get something done that i really wanted i decided screw it, i want something fast and reliable for ddriving, I'm doin a all motor swap and keepin it N/A..
With that said i would like opinions on motor options, prices, comments wanted... I dont know wheather to invest in a b16, b18c1, b18c5, K20, H22... Off that list alone i really only want the gsr or type-r becuz i love b series and those are semi cheap but nice a powerful.
Anyhoooot... Please help guide me on my path to v-tec, i want something nice and powerful, not to expensive and easy to swap like comes with almost everything :roll: Sorry if this biography doesnt make to much sense but i'm like excited and confused lol...

ltrain

if u want something fast and reliable get a affordable greddy, revhard, drag, or treadstone turbo kit boost at a safe 6psi and call it a day

no offence i agree with the mechanic building a b18b all motor is a waste of cash when a swap is more reliable

B18TEG

BLACK DA
anything nowadays is easy to swap, all the necessary mounts are available at a reasonable price., but the killer itself is going to be the engine. if your looking into throwing a couple of G's go either B18C5/6 or H22A or K20 (THE REAL TYPE R) because its going to be miniscule price difference thinking long term and all of these are proven reliable and powerful motors

k624ash

why do you think all motor is more reliable then turbo? I mean a stock motor is def more reliable than a stock turboed motor. but lets say you are shooting for 250 whp. An all motor build would be pretty extreme, high compression and what not. but for the cost of that you could buy a turbo kit and build your motor to withstand much more than the boost you would have to run to get 250

Jmoney187

LivinLow
I'm not worried about 250whp.. be4 my goal was to hit 165whp in the b18b.. If i get myself a b18c5 w/ stg2 cams and hondata s100.. call it a dayyy. I can use all my bolt on's from this motor and then boost it in something else.

Jmoney187

LivinLow
cams, cam gears, clutch and flywheel, (sparkplugs an wires already in it) and i can use my headers,cat and exhaust on the new motor, jus need an intake

nexgenintegra

1ac4u2nv
Jmoney187 said:
cams, cam gears, clutch and flywheel, (sparkplugs an wires already in it) and i can use my headers,cat and exhaust on the new motor, jus need an intake
that sucks are you sellin those cams and stuff or what, you should just return them

Jmoney187

LivinLow
In my car now is aem cai, comptech tig weld headers 4-2-1 2", magnaflow 2.25" cat, and buddyclub prospec exhaust 2.36", buddyclub condenser, ngk wires and iridium plugs (and shortshifter)... at my house i have stg2 gude cams and skunk2 cam gears, exedy stg1 clutch and 12.49pd flywheel and ARP rod bolts...
I am gona buy a jdm type r motor and trans and then get stg2 cams, hondata 1or2 and a cai.. then i'm guna throw those bolt on's on the type are with that shit.
JUST to clear everything up