I'm back! ..With another VSM DC4.

MiketheDyke

My job is clean toilets
Btw, what's your job in the Army if you don't mind me asking?

Nevermind. It's in your name lol

Last edited:

Army74D

gtavila_
Not sure if I already mentioned it.. But not long after picking the car up, I found out the pistons rings were done for. I was going through about a quart of oil every two weeks or so. As a matter of fact; halfway home from buying the car, We stopped at gas station after my girlfriend (who was following me) said I was blowing smoke out of the tail pipe. I checked the oil, and there was nothing on the dipstick. I was PISSED.
So about two months ago and after lots of money spent on quarts of oil, we finally made time to do my complete engine rebuild. I went with new OEM pistons and ACL bearings with all new gaskets/ seals. Everything was done properly from having the head resurfaced & hot tanked, to lapping of the valves and honing of the cylinder walls, etc.
Also bought a new ignition control module for my distributor, OEM fuel filter, Walbro 255lph fuel pump, NGK heat range 8 spark plugs, and golden eagle cam seals, OEM waterpump & timing belt.
My plans for the car are still set on running low boost on a small turbo setup. Due to the delay of having to rebuild the engine after finding out the hard way that even OLD people aren't quite HONEST people afterall, my turbo is gonna have to wait a little longer. But I'm not complaining.. I practically have a brand new, more reliable engine now.

**I took alot of pics but won't be posting them all.

As far as appearance, the only thing different is my fake mugen lip since I destroyed my ITR one while pushing my car aside after a break-down and the Enkei shoes.

Last edited:

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Sounds like you did a lot. I suggest running a standard plug if you haven't done much to need a colder plug. I run a heat range 7 which is standard for an ITR in my motor. That colder plug Might be doing more harm than good.

99TegLs

People that quote 10+ pictures and then reply with one sentence.... Anyway! Car looks good! Sorry to hear you had to do a rebuild! Hope to see more about the turbo my man

white4d96

Burning oil like a boss
Nice progress. I actually kinda like that Fugen lip lol...

If you don't mind me asking, how much did your rebuild end up costing? I'm about to plunge into one and am curious what other people's price points were...

Army74D

gtavila_
Sorry to hear that you got screwed on the engine on the one-hand, but on the other hand, it's good to see that you didn't give up on the car and you kept going with it. It looks great! Nice work.
Thanks man. I was pissed, but at least I'm confident now that my engine will last me another 200k easily. :p
I keep running into new problems but fix them as soon as they pop up. Now I'm facing a busted radiator. Time to upgrade to all aluminum. :thumbs up

I need to change my pants.
Lmfao yeee! :D

Sounds like you did a lot. I suggest running a standard plug if you haven't done much to need a colder plug. I run a heat range 7 which is standard for an ITR in my motor. That colder plug Might be doing more harm than good.
How am I doing more harm than good? ..Serious question. It's my first time NOT using a standard plug, and a few good (experienced) friends recommended going with the heat range 8 for me.

People that quote 10+ pictures and then reply with one sentence.... Anyway! Car looks good! Sorry to hear you had to do a rebuild! Hope to see more about the turbo my man
Thanks man. I should be picking up some RC 550cc injectors & resister box from a friend next paycheck. Then the turbo parts will start coming in. :twisted:

Nice progress. I actually kinda like that Fugen lip lol...

If you don't mind me asking, how much did your rebuild end up costing? I'm about to plunge into one and am curious what other people's price points were...
I'm actually lucky to have a good friend who works for a local machine shop and has been in the game for a long time. He helped me in doing all the shop work, without the shop but used alot of the shop tools. For a head resurface & hot tank alone.. They charge about $160. I paid $80.
I talked to a guy who had the same work done on his GSR through the same shop and was pushing over $3000k. I stayed under $1100k with parts, shop work and labor. 8)
You can find re-ring kits with ACL bearings on eBay for about $120 if you don't want to go the expensive OEM route.

Last edited:

Army74D

gtavila_

Busted radiator. :cussing:

..Going to pickup an all aluminum + some other stuff from 1320 performance today. Stay tuned.

Army74D

gtavila_
So today's my birthday and what makes a better present than a car part? An expensive car part.
What's even better? +another car part.

My girl treated me to a Mishimoto full size radiator + blox slim fan.
Also some NGK spark plug wires since my old ones were beat to hell anyway.
I'm pretty fucking happy.

XslickwhitetegX

UKDM EXPERT
wow done alot of work sense last time i checked out your log, Love the love, combo of rims and vsm combo! Going to get jdm window visors? imo that would complete the exterior!
. :beer: HAPPY BDAY:beer: