IM BACK! with more shifter rattle then ever

GreenTeggy

My name is Ben
Whats up guys i'll be on here more again i forgot this place existed.. haha

anyway shifter rattle is seriously HORRIBLE!!! two questions one could it be from a clutch being bad? i dont think so but im getting iffy and also if not the clutch or bushings would it be the transmission mount? or what? or could it be the transmission itself.. i dont really want to buy a new one but i might

thanks in advance!

and how do i get "rep" do i have to be cooler or something

mjones73

When does it rattle, idle, certain gears, all the time?

I doubt it's the clutch, they aren't connected in any way. It could be the shifter bushings or the parts where the shifter pivots under the console.

GreenTeggy

My name is Ben
sometimes while accerating and always when decelarating and the shifter bushings are newer so i dont think its those but what pivoty thing?

Kinta94

I had the same issue, replace the shift linkage bushings underneath the car with ES bushings, and check your actual shifter to see if the bearings are still good, and the bolt is tight on to the shift linkage.

Thats how I fixed mine.

jdmjim

nothing from nowhere
i see how u are, only coming back when u need something:lol:jk, check the bolts on the linkage

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User

Prozon

Kris
The plastic/rubber bushings in the shift linkage wear out, and you get the wobble.
The energy suspension bushings don't really help this. Actually my old ones came out good. The new bushings just kind of stiffen things up lol.

You could rebuild it fairly easily and save yourself $130 lol.
I just did it with things in my shop. You have to sacrifice a socket, but it's well worth it to have a firm shift.

GreenTeggy

My name is Ben
Alright cool i'll try to rebuild it!!! hahaha Thanks jim! hahaha no no my car is actually running horribly right now but i'm trying to figure it out.. i have no idea what it is now