I'm gonna need your help guys

Kyle

So for my HIST482 class we are given a 10pg paper about something that has been imported to the US and has taken root. An example would be sushi or hookha bars. So I was thinking about comparing the modern import scene to the movie American Graffiti and it's effect on American culture.

But here is where you guys come in. I need some help with research; so if you lived back during the 90's and were involved in (or say you knew someone who did) street racing I would like you to tell me about your experiences. What did you do; where did you hangout etc. If you know the origins of certain scene (JDM, hellaflush just to name a few) please let me know.. I have permission to use blogs as research sources.

Now if you don't want to admit it publicly that you raced you can always send me a PM and you'll remain anonymous. It seems to be pretty hard to research this topic because it is a relatively new scene and very few people have actually sat down to write about it. I plan on emailing some of the big magazine companies to see if they would be willing to help/read through their old articles. Also I'll be using the Fast and Furious genre as a source. Thanks.

built_ls

Well then, write about that. It has what he is looking for. Also try to talk to some older mechanics

Kyle

I intend on using POF as a source. But I'm just looking for other things as well. True Life I'm a Street Racer also comes to mind.

built_ls

i would write about black slaves since they where imported to America and now their descendants are a part of America as a result them being imported here against their wishes.

Kyle

i would write about black slaves since they where imported to America and now their descendants are a part of America as a result them being imported here against their wishes.
Unfortunatly I can't really talk about something basic like that in a 400 level class. And besides, that's too boring of a topic lol

Ryan659

10 pages is easy, just fill it up with BS :)

But I think for a lot of people it started back in high school when we didn't even have tegs, I had a neon and my only other friend who had a car was a old school accord. It wasn't about the car, it's was a common interest that brought us all together. But we usually just hung out cause my friends and I were too poor at the time to buy anything for the car, I had to lower the car by cutting the springs, ahh, the good ol days. We never really street raced cause it really wasn't worth it cause both our cars were slow as shit :D