I'm new... wanting to do a ls/vtec build.

Catman

This is my first post! I have a 1996 Integra LS and I'm wanting to do an LS/vtec build. Any suggestions? What else will I need besides the vtec head? sensors, pcm, etc...? Just curious cause I want to know what I'm getting myself into.

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
If you google how to ls/vtec there are many builds..you need head, ecu, theres an ls vtec kit. Many on here will advise against it because there are many issues with the reliability of that build. Good luck whichever route you take.

Kinta94

Im currently doing a b20 vtec build. Its not as easy as people think. you cant just slap a head on a non vtec block and hope its reliable you need a lot of stuff dont expect to spend less than 1k for a lsvtec, b20vtec build.

Its your choice and ls/v can make good power, its just easier to go with a full gsr or b16 build.

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND
besides the fact that your doing it wrong...

there are plenty of write ups where other people did it wrong too..

lor_db8

why are people doing these swaps when these swaps will never run right?? vtec was never meant for a b20 or ls... give it 3 month and you'll have a hole in your block.. yes although i do understand that it's fast and alll but it wont run right.. get it? save ur money and just do something legit...

GoFastTeg

im gonna agree with e2dac on the turbo. my buddy did an ls/vtec ek coupe. it ran good but then it all kinda went wrong.. im gettin my ls turboed here next week

8-bit

do what now?
why are people doing these swaps when these swaps will never run right?? vtec was never meant for a b20 or ls... give it 3 month and you'll have a hole in your block.. yes although i do understand that it's fast and alll but it wont run right.. get it? save ur money and just do something legit...
well every where i look theres people that have the ls/vtec swap. :???:if it was not that reliable not many people would be doing these types of swaps.

obama'swhiteson

if you poor enough time and money and is done right i bet its ok but since the b18b1 block isnt good with high rpms and you put a head that is good with high rpms then youd want to poor money into internals for your block.
personally i think its dumb to do ls-vtec
makes more sence to buy a complete b18c1 engine

lor_db8

well every where i look theres people that have the ls/vtec swap. :???:if it was not that reliable not many people would be doing these types of swaps.
trust me.. i mean it'll run... but it won't that long.. give it 3 months and you'll have a hole in your block.. lsvtec is not worth the money.. and yea i know its fast but why waste money when you know it's gonna KABOOM on you one day... oh well.. it's there money... there time.. it's just my 2cents that i like to give to people... i am more of a telling the truth to people...

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
trust me.. i mean it'll run... but it won't that long.. give it 3 months and you'll have a hole in your block.. lsvtec is not worth the money.. and yea i know its fast but why waste money when you know it's gonna KABOOM on you one day... oh well.. it's there money... there time.. it's just my 2cents that i like to give to people... i am more of a telling the truth to people...
you can make a reliable one if you put money into it, ie block guards, rod bolts etc.