I'm new... wanting to do a ls/vtec build.

lor_db8

the block is never meant vtec so it'll never run.. better yet just go legit with a real vtec motor... it is just like having someone that doesn't know how to play basketball wearing a jordan shoe... yadaimean?get the point.? ahahah

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
the block is never meant vtec so it'll never run.. better yet just go legit with a real vtec motor... it is just like having someone that doesn't know how to play basketball wearing a jordan shoe... yadaimean?get the point.? ahahah
Either blow money on buying a new engine so your Vtec can go BWAHHHHHHHH, or do the smart thing and keep your engine and build to TUUUUUUUUUURBO :drive:

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
I have never heard of this method you have a link with information so i could see how its done. I searched and googled found nothing.
its on honda-tech people use ls cranks in gsr blocks for torque. the only reason for a ls vtec is for torque, or you are cheap.

i guess the question is:
ls/vtec is it really worth it money/time wise.?
depends on who builds it. Depends on who drives it, it depends on what you want to do with the motor.

phatintegra

Banned
trust me.. i mean it'll run... but it won't that long.. give it 3 months and you'll have a hole in your block.. lsvtec is not worth the money.. and yea i know its fast but why waste money when you know it's gonna KABOOM on you one day... oh well.. it's there money... there time.. it's just my 2cents that i like to give to people... i am more of a telling the truth to people...
3 month? :crazy:

Where you came up 3 month? :roll:

phatintegra

Banned
He claims 3 month and then Kaboom. Just wondering where he came up with 3 months, haha

My friend ran his B20/VTEC that runs 12s in the 1/4miles and it's been 3 years now and running strong. I had my stock LS/VTEC Automatic for about almost 2 years then I decided to fully rebuild it for more power because I was not happy with the power.

You guys need to check out the DVD by Omni.

Last edited:

mjones73

Buddy of mine has a turbo LS/VTEC that has been running strong for quite some time. So no, I don't get the bs spewing out in this thread, I mean the point...

jayb20eg

every one hating on b20/ls vtec! i have around 3k invested into my motor, b20b with b16a2 head. there are plenty of ways to make a relaible ls/b20 vtec motor. but there are also a shit ton of ways to half ass it. my bottom end is a b20 crank polished and balanced, rods are stock but machinend to fit my pistons. pistons are 85.5 ycp 11.5:1, hastings rings,arp rod bolts. i highly doubt my motor is going to blow apart. This set up just has a bad name because lots of people literally bolt a b16 head on there ls and run a p28 and call it a day. 3k miles later kaboom. With all that said..if your doing a ls vtec build, its not cheap if your going to make it reliable and reliable is the key. good luck!

mjones73

every one hating on b20/ls vtec! i have around 3k invested into my motor, b20b with b16a2 head. there are plenty of ways to make a relaible ls/b20 vtec motor. but there are also a shit ton of ways to half ass it. my bottom end is a b20 crank polished and balanced, rods are stock but machinend to fit my pistons. pistons are 85.5 ycp 11.5:1, hastings rings,arp rod bolts. i highly doubt my motor is going to blow apart. This set up just has a bad name because lots of people literally bolt a b16 head on there ls and run a p28 and call it a day. 3k miles later kaboom. With all that said..if your doing a ls vtec build, its not cheap if your going to make it reliable and reliable is the key. good luck!
Well said, it all goes into how you build it.

jayb20eg

jayb20eg is right you cant just bolt in a vtec head
Thankyou! I just recently joined this site and find everyone to hate on b20/ls vtec. Do it right and it will last and be reliable. Its not cheap easy power..its a bit pricey. Its like boosting your car. You don't buy a 35r kit and run it on ur ls motor..its gota be done right in order to support that big of a turbo.