im so upset

B18TEG

BLACK DA
well i get a call yesterday from the shop putting my motor together that one of the pistons is dead, so i have to replace the set, fine. . .no problem, and then he tells me that i was already at 85.5mm bore, and i gotta go out to 86mm. ouch that means custom pistons talking about 700 for the set. well all fine and dandy but then i get another call, its mt wife, she tells me she got laid off along with 10 other epople from her job, found out the department is closing, and mind you she's 4 months pregnant. i dont know what to do, this was supposed to be my fun project, but i dont know if i should continue with it and finish the build or just scrap it all together. im so frustrated and confused. i have the oney to finish the build, but i dont want to use it now because hell we all know how unexpected shit comes up and i dont really want to take a risk and not have any cushion space.

stickman

I <3 my Neon
is the car more important that your family? just put it off for a while and come back to it after everything is back to normal... i would'nt put another dime into it due to your situation, But thats me....

B18TEG

BLACK DA
no the car is not more important than the family, but i do have to pay the shop to order the rest and finish, its already more than halfway done, they are just waiting for the pistons and bam finished in one night. and i was supposed to do my custom turbo kit there too, but i know i have to wait on that. ive been sitting on the teg and build for almost a year so i can wait, and have waited alot. its just ironic that all this happens on the same day

SiKRCR

unemployment ftw!!! finish the teg!

j/k button up the teggy tow it home n take care of your family...

besides she'll be soo happy u did it u might get laid!

ok bad joke... haven't had any cofee this morning...

i'll stop rambling now

B18TEG

BLACK DA
you know i forgot all about unemployment, ive never had to use it, but wth, she can file and get money, she's got an interview today for another job. . .. i hope she gets it so i can finish.lol . .. . but yea so things are looking up a little better

Sammich

i hope all turns out well man. but if things do go totally sour, just put the teg up for a while and finish later.

blitzillist

Professional RiceR
youl be alright man like you said that build is your "fun project". The teg will still be there, go take care of your family and when your wife is working again youl be all set. Sorry to hear that bro, and CONGRATS on your new child coming! =)

Cheesenip

I <3 2.4l's
i got laid off in April, i know how it feels, i was about to purchace my 20g turbo set up and a port fueler, thats about 3 k worth of shit, then BAM...hey buddy you and 16 other people have no job. It sucks, but your situation sucks a little worse because shes preg. Which means, even if she does get a new job before the baby, she'll be laid out for a while when the baby is here.

Sorry Bro, but things will pick up

TheOne1

Family over car dude, Unless you have a R. But I know u'll make the best decision for your family, and she's having your child....There is no way I would even think about my car! Hands down!

B18TEG

BLACK DA
my second child. . . .but yea i know, i guess i just had to vent to my ci people. thanks for the support guys . .. .i feel better, if thats anything. . . .i guess i just gotta suck it up. ill let everyone know what happens. .. .by the way . . i just got a raise at work . . .so woohoo