I'm sorry to report the following....

shahriar35

That around 10:30 PM on October 14, 2010 we, the ITR community, lost 00-1330....

I allowed my cousin to borrow my PY ITR for a couple of days and the outcome ended up being a disaster.

My cousin was a block away from his home, when apparently a middle age women, drunk off her ass, ran the red light and slammed into my beautiful ITR. According to my cousin, she was going to t-bone him but he slammed on his brakes and she got the front end. She apparently then tried to evade him by running away, lucky however another driver chased her down and stopped her a block away. She was apparently arrested and taken to jail. I keep stating apparently as I was not there and I do not know the facts till I receive the police report.

I had to make the 70 mile drive out to Fontana to see my baby. I have never really cried over a car, but this time I shed a few :cry:..... I think it was because I had to do so much to purchase her and not to mention that to this point I did all the labor, with help of friends of course.

Everyone is okay, my cousin is a bit sore but he doesnt want to go to the hospital.

I feel so bad for my car.... all that hard work has gone down the drain. I will post pictures later.

As for the lady, I truly want to press charges against her, but I do not know if I am capable of doing that, as in if that is an option that is given to me. But on the other side I am trying to move on since its just materialistic lost....

It makes me more sad that I lost her only 4 months into owning her.

Now the pictures

I would really like help with rebuilding her. I need advice and parts. I do want to stay USDM since its a real Type R.

Thanks again all, also this is pretty much a repost from what I have on Honda-tech.

Rich-PMS

Sorry to hear. Glad your cousin is OK. Personaly I'd buy another shell and swap everything over- from suspension to interior to motor/trans.

shahriar35

I dont have the heart yet to get rid of her. Plus the money from the insurance settlement will pretty much fix her the way I want....

Should I do any upgrades in the front end? Any extra reinforcement? I am pretty new to the integra scene. I am actually an accord guy..

I will be doing retrofits for sure. A lip kit all around. Any other suggestions?

98IntegraRS

truthfully, it's horrible this happened and I feel for you, but your lucky it was only the front end.. it's fixable, keep us updated on it

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND
thats horrible, but its definitely fixable!!

mirrorimg

He should go to the hospital to have a report of his injuries so that if you take legal action, you can use it against the drunk driver.

Glad he's okay.

shahriar35

He should go to the hospital to have a report of his injuries so that if you take legal action, you can use it against the drunk driver.

Glad he's okay.
Yea I told him the same thing... He is being a hippie about it, he himself used to a avid drinker and then he did the 12 step program. So he is all about forgiveness. Also he had a flight out the next day out of the US..... so I was left with the problem to deal with on my own

shahriar35

glad there ok, you got a fight waiting now with insurance

They have been good so far. I had a nice mercedes as a rental over the weekend and I returned it so I can cop out my maximum rental amount.

They have been very nice, I think its because I am the victim here.... Not to mention that I faxed them 60 pages of documentation about my ITR along with the ones in the market.

Cman46290

i would check for frame damage.... if the frame is bent... you just need to find a new shell and swap everything over .... (as said above)

Glad all is well... and i know exactly how you feel.... i had bought an 05 Corolla XRS last year.... (6-speed MT)... with only 30k miles on it.... it was the first car i had even financed on my own... and i wrecked it before i ever made the first car payment. I was crushed. Eneded up getting an 03 Accord V6 (J30).... then gave that to my fiance when i bought my GSR a few months ago....

good luck getting it back to good~

NorthEndGhost

i would check for frame damage.... if the frame is bent... you just need to find a new shell and swap everything over .... (as said above)

good luck getting it back to good~
x2... Yall are lucky she didn't T-bone him, it could've been alot worse for the both of you! Sorry man, I hope everything will work out for you.

Jay417

Beast From The East
F$%Cking drunk drivers. They should get locked up the first time. They give tickets and sometimes tow ur car for speeding but drunk drivers are still allowed to drive. WTF