impact wrenches??????

el_tigre

Non-VtecB18
hay guys how about this gun it is good or any have it?

Im planning buy one and find this??? What is u opinion?

TheSkygun

Idk about that one but my dad has one that he uses with his air compressor and makes taking off and putting on lug nuts way easy

TheCrimsonStar

Idk about that one but my dad has one that he uses with his air compressor and makes taking off and putting on lug nuts way easy
My dad got a battery powered one like that and omg it's amazing. It doesn't have the power of an air powered one but it's still WAY better than using a socket wrench especially with lug nuts and spindle nuts

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Spawne32

Shut up baby, I know it!
those guns are junk, it ultimately depends on HOW much you want to spend, but good cordless impact guns are not what you would think anymore.

http://dewalt.com/tools/cordless-impact-driverswrenches-drivers--wrenches-dcf883l2.aspx

This particular dewalt, we use all the time (i myself have a smaller 1/4" version but the 3/8 is much better) and we take lug nuts off of buses with it. It's well worth every penny, there has virtually been no need for an air impact gun since these things came onto the market.

The DCF883L2 kit can probably be had at home depot or lowes.

drevans_satx

Dylan
You need an Ingersoll Rand Impact gun w/ a small compressor. I've used and abused the SH*T out of mine and it hasn't even thought of failing. Cordless is not where it's at. Batteries and such aren't great for longevity.

IR makes Snap-On's impacts.

Spawne32

Shut up baby, I know it!
IR air compressors are dog shit, i finally sold mine on craigslist after 3 years of me bitching about its shitty output. Their impact guns are fine, but the compressors suck. Lithium Ion cordless impact is where impact guns are these days, take it from someone who uses one on a daily basis for mechanical.

DC Guardian

Uniqueness defines
You need an Ingersoll Rand Impact gun w/ a small compressor. I've used and abused the SH*T out of mine and it hasn't even thought of failing. Cordless is not where it's at. Batteries and such aren't great for longevity.

IR makes Snap-On's impacts.
Ive never used any sort of impact wrench, but I use my general drill to grind and the battery dies fast, maybe its shitty but point being, if you use it consistently, it won't really last long before you need to recharge it. It may not have enough power to put those last 2 lug nuts and then well you drive and your doomed or you need to wait.

Spawne32

Shut up baby, I know it!
You guys live in the 1970s or something? Li-ion impact guns last for DAYS, and have no power drop off. lol

Penten

19.2V Craftsman 1/2" . The best battery powered impact wrench ever IMO. Takes my lugs off with no problem at all.

XjoEnX

I've used that Goodyear impact gun before to replace my suspension at Dylan's house. Did wonders. I would honestly recommend cordless impact wrenches if you're traveling with your car. At home, I use an air impact gun though.

el_tigre

Non-VtecB18
i now air gun is better but i dont want spend much money rigth now,but now i have 3

1) GoodYear
2) Dewalt
3) Craftsman

wich of those 3?

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
those guns are junk, it ultimately depends on HOW much you want to spend, but good cordless impact guns are not what you would think anymore.

http://dewalt.com/tools/cordless-impact-driverswrenches-drivers--wrenches-dcf883l2.aspx

This particular dewalt, we use all the time (i myself have a smaller 1/4" version but the 3/8 is much better) and we take lug nuts off of buses with it. It's well worth every penny, there has virtually been no need for an air impact gun since these things came onto the market.

The DCF883L2 kit can probably be had at home depot or lowes.
I have this and it is awesome, only one I've used that's better is the snap-on cordless impact, but it's way way more expensive. I dropped all my craftsmen battery tools for dewalt last year, best choice ever, the batteies last for ever and I always have a spare on the charger.

BTW I've got an air compressor and impact guns for it also, but never use them. I really hate air tools, they are way too loud. It really puts a damper on my peaceful wrenching time.

el_tigre

Non-VtecB18
I have this and it is awesome, only one I've used that's better is the snap-on cordless impact, but it's way way more expensive. I dropped all my craftsmen battery tools for dewalt last year, best choice ever, the batteies last for ever and I always have a spare on the charger.

BTW I've got an air compressor and impact guns for it also, but never use them. I really hate air tools, they are way too loud. It really puts a damper on my peaceful wrenching time.
The Snap-on is the best and i think the otherone is Dewalt?

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
The Snap-on is the best and i think the otherone is Dewalt?
Umm? Yea if your not looking to spend $500 on the Snap-on I think the Dewalt gun is the best bang for the buck. I've never used the goodyear so maybe it's better, but compared to the craftsman gun, I'd rather have the dewalt. Although the 3/8th dewalt I have is 125 ft/lbs, the goodyear says 200 ft/lbs, how accurate are those numbers, idk. But I like the fact that the dewalt doesn't start lagging after being used a lot, this was my problem with the craftsman.

Last edited: