Importing SIR-G Cheap?

Cripton805

Check it out. Out of curiosity I googled SIR-G Japan ship and some pretty nice cars popped up pretty clean and shipped! Somewhere I saw that in order to register a japanesse car it must be 15 years old. "Don't know if it's true or not."

Here's a link to one. Around 8k shipped "to CA" in awesome condition. Would rather have that then have a converted teg and have something legit :thumbs up

Maybe once I start my career lol

http://www.jumveacars.com/car/honda/integra/8305

ramblin_wreck08

Curves > Straights
Few problems I see.

1. Emissions are stricter here, and that may or may not pass
2. Right hand drive
3. Everything's in km
4. You might get ripped off. lol

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
There are several threads on here and HT about importing a car to the states. Basically, it's almostimpossible to legally do it. You may get it here and not be able to drive it, fair warning.

cborden

Jesus is THE way
impossible to do legally unless its considered an antique

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
you live in CA. From what i understand you have to eiteher import 4 of them and do crash tests etc or you can just live in japan for a while and bring it back

michaelz

Somewhere I saw that in order to register a Japanese car it must be 15 years old.
This is a rule for Canada. If a car is 15 years or older you can freely imported and register it (except in Quebec). It was also valid in Australia for 2 years before being made defunct to protect the new car market.

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
Check it out. Out of curiosity I googled SIR-G Japan ship and some pretty nice cars popped up pretty clean and shipped! Somewhere I saw that in order to register a japanesse car it must be 15 years old. "Don't know if it's true or not."

Here's a link to one. Around 8k shipped "to CA" in awesome condition. Would rather have that then have a converted teg and have something legit :thumbs up

Maybe once I start my career lol

http://www.jumveacars.com/car/honda/integra/8305
It's closer to $10k. C&F is Cost and Freight. I had looked into importing cars before I settled on flipping houses. Didn't take long to scratch that idea off as a money maker. I would assume the police would be following you around all day if they saw you driving on the right hand side.

you live in CA. From what i understand you have to eiteher import 4 of them and do crash tests etc or you can just live in japan for a while and bring it back
If you live out there and you import a car to the states, it's only good for like 6 months, right? Then you're back to square-one! Correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember someone from the Air Force talking about their experience from the UK

Cripton805

Very true. Good points everyone. If it were 5k-7k and you had an Integra shell lying around, then I guess it would be nice to have a "complete" car to strip then haha. If I had the extra cash to throw around I would do that to avoid the hassle of finding parts then

Last edited:

Merlins Beard

*Beard not included
go to jdmexchange.net, its a car dealership that legally imports jdm cars and they are in Texas. getting an SiR-G for 8k shipped sounds like its a rip off

to me, its not worth it when you can make a better car for that much money. i was on a while ago and a jdm integra ls was going for 11k. an automatic civic hatch with 170km base model was selling for 9,500.
just get an SiR do a rhd and jdm swap and save yourself some money, or do it and risk not only getting ripped off but your new jdm car impounded and crushed. then your out 8 grand and car
also check out this thread: http://www.clubintegra.com/board/showthread.php?t=57626&highlight=importing+cars

Cripton805

go to jdmexchange.net, its a car dealership that legally imports jdm cars and they are in Texas. getting an SiR-G for 8k shipped sounds like its a rip off

to me, its not worth it when you can make a better car for that much money. i was on a while ago and a jdm integra ls was going for 11k. an automatic civic hatch with 170km base model was selling for 9,500.
just get an SiR do a rhd and jdm swap and save yourself some money, or do it and risk not only getting ripped off but your new jdm car impounded and crushed. then your out 8 grand and car
also check out this thread: http://www.clubintegra.com/board/showthread.php?t=57626&highlight=importing+cars
Really? 8k a rip off considering that most guys spend more converting and wut not? lol

People on the thread were right though. too much hassle

Rich-PMS

My friend has a 97 Honda type R that was imported from japan. Titled and registered in NJ. All legally.

There are several ways of doing it, but those who know don't talk about it.

Scotty cranmer has a r34 skyline. Titled and registered in NJ. You can google him and see pictures.