Impressions on KiddRacing B Series Narrow header

Spawne32

Shut up baby, I know it!
Just received it today, fast shipping, good communication with mike (vteckidd). It was 325 shipped to my door. He apparently drop ships them from privatelabelmfg company out in CA.

What i liked....

For 325 bucks, you really cant beat his headers, the welds were fantastic, everything is included in the box to install it, and its made of full stainless steel. Some of the other headers he makes actually have a nitride coating on them. The welds are finished on the inside of the header from where i can visually see, and the flange was flat with no imperfections to speak of. It was very sturdy, more so then I thought for it being only 10lbs according to fedex. The merge collector was done very well, it even has a merge cone in the center of the collector. Ill let the pics speak for themselves.

What I didnt like...

Packing....wasnt too pleased when the fedex guy handed it to me and i heard the thing sliding from side to side, i was a tad bit concerned that it could be damaged given the amount of movement and the damage to the box. There was a complete hole in the side that only had one piece of tape covering half of it. Upon opening the box there was only thin bubble wrap around the header, no packing peanuts to speak of and the accessories like the gaskets, and the bolts were thrown all over, I was almost sure one of the bolts was missing but it did actually turn up. I had assumed that it may have went right out of the side of the box given the lack of packing material. Other then that, thats my only beef.

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
Dyno sheet? What kind of R&D does this company do? I've never even heard of them.

My observations:

- Short-bend primaries with long runners in a 4-1 generally is not an efficient design for making good power except on supercharged motors.

-The openings of the runner inlets have a lot of blemishing and the inlets are not smooth, symmetrical, or equally-sized judging from the photo.

-The bottlenecking of the runners at the inlets is a concern in the design.

-The welds don't look that great.

Not trying to shoot you down, I'm just skeptical :lol:

Do a few dyno runs with your stock header and then a few with this thing on, that way you can have a comprehensive and worthwhile review :thumbs up

Spawne32

Shut up baby, I know it!
if its any consolation to you, my car is supercharged :eek:

firby911

Great header,alot of local guys run them,and love them, as vteckid is based out of atlanta.I believe its an rmf replica? All of the dyno sheets ive seen have notable gains over alot of other headers. I dont have any pictures but i can find some if anybody really wants them.

Sammich

yea mike has had alot of success with these headers selling them and the power output in them..i wish he'd work on making a reasonably priced set like obx does for the maximas, that'd be dope

Spawne32

Shut up baby, I know it!
i was laughin about the fact that the guy from bisimoto keeps posting in his threads bad mouthing him on the marketplace because he doesnt like the idea of a replica header that is designed better for cheaper. maybe if the bisimotos or the RMF originals didnt crack rust and break for 700-1200 dollars that they charge, people would be more inclined to purchase them.

Spawne32

Shut up baby, I know it!
i wrote an article about kidd racing...i was skeptical and still am about the quality
ive seen alot of headers over the years that friends have bought, from jim thorley headers to JBA, i have to say this is one of the better quality ones ive seen in a long time. The JBA's my friend bought for his ranger were absolutely disgusting in quality. The welds on the inside of the primarys protruded so far and were so unfinished I can imagine it only hurting performance rather then helping.

Spawne32

Shut up baby, I know it!
i just wanted to follow up on this saying that i can no longer recommend him for business, he ripped off a whole bunch of people on honda tech right before he went out of business for the preorder of the B series 2.0 header that Witz and private label mfg are now selling independently. Someone actually contacted PLM and they responded that they had dropped him as a reseller because of his business practices.