In gear but won't move

skimo

Let me start off by saying I don't know much about cars, so this is pretty much my first time actually taking stuff apart and really fixing something.

Last night I went to shift into third and missed but once I got it into third gear and pressed the gas all it would do is rev up. I thought maybe I fucked the gear up but no matter what gear I put it in it does the same thing. Another weird thing is that even when it's in gear, if I let off the clutch it won't die it just idles normal.

I've pulled the axle and everything is fine there from what I can tell. I was told by a mechanic (he didn't look at it though) that he was 95% sure my clutch is gone and I need to replace it. With 180k with it never being replaced I thought maybe so but I've never had any issue with it besides it not wanting to go into reverse sometimes.

Another person said they thought my pressure plate was cracked. I'm not really sure at this point just hoping from some other opinions on the matter. I'll probably end up dropping the transmission and going from there, any advice?

AlexD

J13 sooo mad
if your clutch is gone you wont go anywhere. So pull that out and look to see if its toast or not. Otherwise make sure your axles are both in all the way.

skimo

if your clutch is gone you wont go anywhere. So pull that out and look to see if its toast or not. Otherwise make sure your axles are both in all the way.
Yeah I got everything pulled and my clutch was toast.....I think I've destroyed a clutch like nobody else every has lol

I was hoping it would have all got put back together but it's been a bitch, at least I've learned a lot from this whole experience

built_ls

was you racing or something or was you just driving normally.

skimo

I was racing my friend and the first run was all good but I guess when I miss shifted the second run I fucked my clutch. When I first got the car I didn't really know how to drive standard so it was probably already fucked up from me learning because I rode the clutch a lot....maybe that was the breaking point that was bound to happen sooner or later.

Would me not being after to shift into reverse a lot have anything to do with that? Sometimes it goes right in other times I have to shift to 5th then reverse for it to go in

built_ls

I was racing my friend and the first run was all good but I guess when I miss shifted the second run I f***ed my clutch. When I first got the car I didn't really know how to drive standard so it was probably already f***ed up from me learning because I rode the clutch a lot....maybe that was the breaking point that was bound to happen sooner or later.

Would me not being after to shift into reverse a lot have anything to do with that? Sometimes it goes right in other times I have to shift to 5th then reverse for it to go in
thats what i though but I didnt want to jump to conclusions. your clutch was probably going out all along but you just did know the signs. I learned how to burn out and do alot of other stuff on a clutch that was about to go out. Mind as well have fun with it....

skimo

thats what i though but I didnt want to jump to conclusions. your clutch was probably going out all along but you just did know the signs. I learned how to burn out and do alot of other stuff on a clutch that was about to go out. Mind as well have fun with it....
I'm scared to even try and race now but I guess you learn some how

I mean it was probably only the 3rd time I actually pushed my car, I usually ignore people when they try and race because I haven't done anything to it yet.

I don't know if you can really tell by the pics but my clutch was in shreds

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

rexpepper123

did you pull the engine out or just the tranny? ive been thinking about a new clutch since mine makes a very high pitch noise lol

skimo

Just pulled the tranny, I realized how weak I am, shit I need to work out lol

My friend kept saying how light the tranny was and I got under it thinking I could just push it back up and put it on......not the case but hopefully today I'll get it all put back together

If I messed the clutch up that bad could I have messed anything else up in the the tranny?

skimo

It was the original clutch with over 180k on it, I think it's safe to assume it needed to be changed anyways I just killed what ever life it had left in it.

I went to work and my friend ended up going to my house and put everything back together for me. He spent like 5 hours working on my car.....that's what I call a true friend. Anyways we went to drive it and it did the same shit, he thought my snycros were messed up as well but I think the axle just popped out.

FINALLY LIFE BACK TO MY TEGGY!

Detman101

Da9 newbie
It was the original clutch with over 180k on it, I think it's safe to assume it needed to be changed anyways I just killed what ever life it had left in it.

I went to work and my friend ended up going to my house and put everything back together for me. He spent like 5 hours working on my car.....that's what I call a true friend. Anyways we went to drive it and it did the same s***, he thought my snycros were messed up as well but I think the axle just popped out.

FINALLY LIFE BACK TO MY TEGGY!
Wow, now THAT is a true friend!

:shock:
dm

j13

Keep It Clean
You heated that disc pretty high, the flywheel will need to be resurfaced or replaced. Please dont street, or else you'll need a closed casket.