In the process of...

LJmLee

Buying my first integra im not new to the honda scene just gettin into the integras and i love the looks always have finally getting one. im just wondering if 2200-2500 is gonna be enough to get a nice DA with little to no problems and has absolutely no rust:p cuz the ones ive looked at so far have either been running without an intake or air filter for a long time or has rust or the front end suspention is completely shot....is this price range im in not very good or am i just looking at over priced junk?

EDIT: im lookin for a project car i can actually use a a daily driver for a few months before i start workin on it.

LJmLee

about how much? i have a fat pay check comin in on friday and my tax return. so ill have around 2800-3000 would that be good?

guiltyxxspark

Internet Hate Machine
look at craigslist. You'll need to find a stock one unless you want an already modified car.

LJmLee

yeah ive looked at three of craigs list between 2000-2400 i was almost sure i was gonna buy a 1991 with a swap only 90k miles white GSR blades CF hood and hks exhuast and dc headers for 2100 but it had no intake for however long they had it (they said thy never got the chance to get one on there) and the oil was extremely low like barely even showin and it was blowin blue smoke. i drove a couple hours and they told me all this once i was there they sad it ran fine with no problems at all haha

hgocasca

level 77 troll
I picked mine up for $1000. Only issues were janky beaner mods and a shot axle. Only 146k. Spent another $500 to fix everything. And it'll need $1000 in body and paint(not my doing on my paint, it'll be black eventually). ~$2500 for a great car. The rest is mods. Mechanics and friends say its the healthiest ls they've seen. Point being, its always going to be something. Go for a healthy motor, straight body, and good tranny, anything else is an easy fix in my opinion. And anything else is something most likely you'll replace with performance parts. Just make sure you're up for the battle, they're a bitch.

LJmLee

yeah its hard on craigslist cuz ill drive out to look at the car then they tell me oh i forgot to mention this show me a completel deal breaker then im mad and go home haha
last night this guy told me the clutch ran off motor oil and when you top it off the tranny shifts smoot otherwise its hard as hell to put into gear....ive never heard of this and the only time ive seen a car with gears hard to get into is when the syncros are wearin out. i think thats the cause of it so i descided to pass. idk what the hell he was talking about and idk if its even true but yeah its hard to find a nice car on craigslist lol

LJmLee

im lookin at one this weekend itsred with a carbon fiber hood and idk if its a carbon fiber trunk or its just black but its got a LS swap with 117k miles on it and 190k on the body with all new suspension for 2500..interior and exterior are hella clean no dents at all.