Info on Hondata ECU

91tegwitgsr

I'm looking to do headers and a throttle body on my GSR motor in my 91 LS. I talked with guys at a performance shop here in Oregon who are known to do Honda's and Acura's the most. The guy said I should get a hondata ecu because they are alot easier to tune instead of the P72 chrome chipped ecu that I've got in the car already. Any info would be most helpful. I mean I've got a few mods on the car and it's already been to a shop but I don't think they really did a good job tuning the car. It's pushing 180 hp to the crank and 163 to the wheels. I'm just looking to get more power out of my motor. It's got a 255 walboro fuel pump a skunk 2 intake manifold and a CAI that I've routed down through the bumper so that it's not sitting in the engine bay plus it's got a stage 2 exedy clutch with a LS tranny. As I said before any info would be really helpful thanks guys.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
not sure why you have a ls tranny, iwith just a intake manifold and a CAI you dont need a chip at all...what else do you have done to your car because those numbers dont add up unless your crome basemap was tuned to the limit.

91tegwitgsr

well I got the car out of a trade and the guy who had the motor swapped had a LS tranny put into it....he paid like 7 grand to have everything done to the car....so i got it the way it is.....woops my bad looked at the paperwork on the car and it's a p28 ecu with the chrome chip....also it has a b series performance radiator...also don't know if it makes a difference or not but it's a JDM GSR motor.