Injector Sizes?

slacker

Slackin since '88
I had a few questions, didn't find anything in search?

1. What are the stock injectors? 240cc?
2. With a cold air intake, header/full exhaust, and ported intake manifold, what size injectors should I upgrade to? The next step after this is vtec head. I know I'll need a tune, just wondering how big I should go.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
All b and d series motors use 240cc injectors, Honda regulates the fuel delivery via the fuel pressure. Those injectors will be fine, even with you doing a vtec head swap.

slacker

Slackin since '88
All b and d series motors use 240cc injectors, Honda regulates the fuel delivery via the fuel pressure. Those injectors will be fine, even with you doing a vtec head swap.

Oh really, well what about getting an FPR and a little bit bigger fuel pump, then goin turbo?

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Getting a fpr is one way to adjust your fuel pressure, you don't need a bigger fuel pump. Since you didn't mention anything about installing a turbo I'm not going to go there.

heykosal

Angkorian
With your current set-up I doubt you're getting anywhere near 80% duty cycle, which is accepted in the industry as maximum injector duty. So you won't need bigger injectors..they won't do anything for you.

Last edited: