Inner Wall Tire Rubbing

LSiNtegraDB7

I enjoy Integras.
So, I've had a slight issue with this for a while now, but I just need some clarification. My tires, front and back, rub on the inner wall of the wheel well. I don't hear it, but it happens. My rear is caused by a messed up set of ebay rear camber kits (they were worn and loose for a while), but I recently purchased a brand new buddy club rear camber kit, so I think I'll have that taken care of. Also, I've yet to get an alignment since lowering, so I figured I'll install the kit then get it all aligned and that should solve the rear. But what I'm wondering is, what about the front? They don't appear to have that much extra camber from lowering and all, and like I said I don't hear them rubbing, so whats the cause? Will the alignment fix that too? My suspension is ground control sleeves on KYB GR2 struts, and a friend of mine thinks it could be that it's not stiff enough so around bends or bumps the wheels rub.

Oh yeah, my tires are 205/45r16. For Christmas I'm getting 205/40r16 that I'll put on after the alignment.

I would love to know the cause of this and fix it. Any ideas?

TheIVJackal

Freedom through Jesus
Its probably the 45 profile. Having it lowered and on 45 doesn't work out. If it was stock height, ive read others run 45's just fine. Throw the 40's on there and be stoked! -Aaron

Cripton805

Your tires are pretty wide and your car is pretty low. Maybe you just reached your limit. The shocks are meant to absorb any bumps dude. On bumps it's likely that your tires rub.

LSiNtegraDB7

I enjoy Integras.
Your tires are pretty wide and your car is pretty low. Maybe you just reached your limit. The shocks are meant to absorb any bumps dude. On bumps it's likely that your tires rub.
I know, I'm just saying I know I've seen people with this size and lower. I'll probably raise an inch all around. Would extended top hats help me out any in the front?

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
the smaller tire size will help get rid of the rubbing. no need to raise or extended top hats.
you can if you want tho.

Merlins Beard

*Beard not included
i can drive a 17 inch wheel with 215/45 tires with no rubbing in normal driving condidions and at stock ride hight

ls/lownslow

what is the offset of your wheels? how wide?

i know i had the same problem with my kosei k1 15x8 wheels they would hit the inner body of the car due to the high offset +45 (track setup)

our cars run about +38-+40 the

also like said before it could be your tire being to tall

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
get a baseball bat and roll your fender
even out your camber on both sides
cut that metal thing that comes down from the fender and push it back.

LSiNtegraDB7

I enjoy Integras.
what is the offset of your wheels? how wide?

i know i had the same problem with my kosei k1 15x8 wheels they would hit the inner body of the car due to the high offset +45 (track setup)

our cars run about +38-+40 the

also like said before it could be your tire being to tall
The wheels are 16x7 and I think the offset is +38.

get a baseball bat and roll your fender
even out your camber on both sides
cut that metal thing that comes down from the fender and push it back.
Well it's not rubbing the fender, it's rubbing the inner body. I'll take a picture next time I have the wheels off. I guess I'll just order the 205/40r16s and hope for the best.

LSiNtegraDB7

I enjoy Integras.
So turns out I was only rubbing on the driverside. Which as my friend told me means that the GC springs aren't stiff enough and since I sit on that side, I rub. I attempted to raise the whole front end up an inch, but the damn allen nut on the sleeve was like stripped on the passenger side. So now only my driverside is raised.... ugh.

badshadowej

cameron
Ya man im having the same problem i have a cheap ass ebay rear camber kit. My offset is 0 and my rims are 16x8 i have my tire tucked gently in the front an it never rubs, like maybe on a bump here and there but the rear fenders are rubbing like a bitch on my drivers side on my passenger side not so much, i tried the bat trick but im bout to have to take it in to get the fenders rolled properly. but well seee.... idk what i should do the outside of my tired on the drivers side rear is getting shredded but just on the outside, i tried the bat trick but not hellping anyadvice?

TheIVJackal

Freedom through Jesus
Ask your self if it's worth having that rim/tire combination. If it is, then get them fitted properly. If not, start looking for another set or wheels and sell the ones you have now. Just a thought.