Input on my setup

AlphaWolf1993

Hey guys, I currently try have F&f type 1s, maxed in the rear and raise about an inch in the front due to smacking towers. Full Buddyclub camber kits. I purchased the f&f extended top hat and spring combo and will be installing it as soon as it arrives. The top hats are definitely going on, but I'm unsure how the 12k Springs will ride. I believe stock front is 10k and honestly I don't think they're uncomfortable, I just don't know how much stiffer 12k is. Also any input from similar setups, etc would be greatly appreciated. I did research but couldn't find anything close to my setup or even on f&f with those springs

SoundEfx

Are you inquiring about ride comfort?

If you are, then that is based on the opinion of the individual and not facts.

AlphaWolf1993

I guess, Idk I guess I'm looking for like how intense the difference is... But they came in today and I'll be trying to make a personal video review of before and after and see how the difference is

AlphaWolf1993

So installed the front Springs and rode around for a bit, noticeably stiffer, not uncomfortable for me, still has a little forgiveness compared to other setups but for such a light car is very sturdy and definitely puts my mind at ease that my towers will have a little better chance at surviving at the same height

SoundEfx

Are the roads rough or relatively smooth?

I ask because any suspension would feel nice on smooth roads. The real test is how do they feel on rough, bumpy ones.

Nick_C78

What the hell? What valving is in those shocks? 12k is like a racing spring. That sounds really stiff for f&f shocks...

SoundEfx

I'm glad you said that because most coilovers for the integra come with that spring rate.
It always have me shaking my head as to why.

Nick_C78

If they cone with it then they are probably rated for it. Just seems high for such a budget shock...lol thats higher than what koni yellows are rated for.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
yeah youre going to blow those coilovers. Koni Yellow come valved for about a 500lb spring which is like a 10k spring. 12k is 700lbs.

Its stiff, you will notice a difference. I wouldnt daily drive on a spring that stiff. I run 14k and 12k on my track car and thats really stiff.

AlphaWolf1993

The roads I tested on were far from freshly paved but I stray from potholes. They were, according to the company, designed for f&f type 1 and 2. I feel a difference for sure after riding on them more, they aren't soft but are forgiving enough that one little bounce is about all I get. That'd be pretty shitty if they blow on their own coilovers
To my knowledge, according to what I've read, it is a shorter spring so the added stiffness was to offset that. Again, that is to my knowledge reading. The shock is approx. An inch shorter than their original spring, however I don't have enough understanding about valving to even make an argument on that front

Last edited:

AlphaWolf1993

Bump more so than bounce.
The ride, even on stock spring has always been stiff compared to cheaper setups I have ridden in. Originally there was little bounce, no "springiness" but there was always a little forgiveness (ie not feeling like I'm riding on rocks). The front now feels very similar but feels more responsive in terms of stiffness and rebounding. I will call F&f tomorrow and see what info they can give me

Last edited:

SoundEfx

Just google 'shock valving' and you should come up with some good sites.

You could try coilover valving too.