Input on suspension Please

My car is my DD and I would like to change the coilovers.
Which is better: FF2 or Tein SS-P??
I will not be tire tucking but i want the car pretty low maybe less than a finger gap at each will. Wheels are stock size but i think I'll be getting 18/8.5 +38 rims with 245/40/18 tires.
My budget is about 1500 but if i can spend less for good coilovers then please advice. I keep hearing about Progress coilovers but idk.

Thank you in advance

The Kev

Vtec? I have V-TAK! Son..
KONI Yellows with GROUND CONTROL sleeves!!!!!!!! Use NO MORE than 16" wheels....

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
18s will really hurt your car. You will lose acceleration, handling, and it won't even look good. The biggest you can go is 17, and the only way you can get away with that is if you have a huge brake kit. If stock brakes just go 16, with 205/45/16 tires. Lighter, cheaper, and won't affect performance. If you don't care about performance, buy your 18''s and a set of BWR coilovers.

18s will really hurt your car. You will lose acceleration, handling, and it won't even look good. The biggest you can go is 17, and the only way you can get away with that is if you have a huge brake kit. If stock brakes just go 16, with 205/45/16 tires. Lighter, cheaper, and won't affect performance. If you don't care about performance, buy your 18''s and a set of BWR coilovers.
BWR?? Idk why I would get rims smaller than the stock rims?? I was thinking about 17'9 with 245/40/17 but i keep seeing these 18s and they look mad nice on the car with it lowered just right.

g3teg97

Super Moderator
My point is that "best" is subjective. What you think is best may not be what someone else thinks is best.

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
BWR?? Idk why I would get rims smaller than the stock rims?? I was thinking about 17'9 with 245/40/17 but i keep seeing these 18s and they look mad nice on the car with it lowered just right.
Stock wheel size is 15", sounds like you need to do more research.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
If you want a good smooth ride, a full coilover isnt the way to go unless you get a softer spring rate i think. I would go with Koni Ground control. 6k and 4k springs out of the box i think. They will be fine.

pluckt007

Fat guy in a little coat.
If you want a good smooth ride, a full coilover isnt the way to go unless you get a softer spring rate i think. I would go with Koni Ground control. 6k and 4k springs out of the box i think. They will be fine.
This, and stay away from 18s. wtf? Thats a horrible size.