Installed IM, now strange idle.

integra2

HEY,
just instaleld my IM skunk2.
b18b1 95 RS

Anyway,
1) issue-First after hooking everything up, It would idle at 3000 , then 3300, then drop to 1000, then the exact same pattern again.
We replaced the throttle body gasket after findiing a leak, and now the car runs nearly the same as before. It does seem to be idling rather high.
2)****Coolant leak problem- please scroll down for many pictures

Last edited:

David.95LS

Delwarian
sounds like your not getting coolant to your fast idle air control, have you "burped" the coolant system? or gotten all the air out? and are you sure you have the right coolant lines running the right way to certain sensors, like the idle air control valve and the fast idle air control valve?

integra2

sounds like your not getting coolant to your fast idle air control, have you "burped" the coolant system? or gotten all the air out? and are you sure you have the right coolant lines running the right way to certain sensors, like the idle air control valve and the fast idle air control valve?
not sure what burped is. I just drained all the coolant from everywhere. then hooked it back up and added some to the radiator. Thats about all i did

BankiBoi

not sure what burped is. I just drained all the coolant from everywhere. then hooked it back up and added some to the radiator. Thats about all i did
Burped is when your car is at idle temp or starts to overheat there is a nipple that is attached to your water outlet where your upper radiator hose is, so you use a 12mm to open that and it will shoot out coolant and air and once your fans kick on it should be good to go.

If you haven't changed your thermostat in a long time I would do that first so you don't waste your time

Posted by Thunderbolt using tapatalk

Merlins Beard

*Beard not included
It sounds like you still have a vacuum leak, was the IM gasket replaced at the time of install? Are there any cracked or split vacuum hoses? Also getting a tune will probably help but I don't think it is the cause of the idle problem.

For overheating, you could have air in your coolant system, which there is a bleeder valve on the thermostat housing, also leaving the rad cap off and starting the car will cycle the coolant allowing some bubbles to rise up through the radiator. Your thermostat may also be stuck closed which would prevent any coolant from running through the engine.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
You should get tuned when you get a new IM from my understanding
Yes and no. The Skunk2 pro is CARB approved so you technically dont need to tune. What the OP needs to do is bleed the car, and do a vacum check with smoke or the ghetto way by taking off the intake and putting your hand over the throttle body if it dies you have good vacume.

integra2

GREAT> so now i got a new problem!
The new intake manifold has an extra hose which i found out is coolant because it started shooting all over.
As seen in the picture, my Old IM doesnt have a hook-up for this skunk2 hose. Its hard to see, but in the new one behind the huge hose is a baby hose. I have nothing left over to hook it up with. So Idk how or where to hook it up.
Please help. Also I have one extra hose , BUT it was designed in the wierdest 4 way elbow. So i dont think it is possible to move to the part leaking. please help
1) OLD IM- no hose

2)Area new hose is- coolant

3)better pict

4) Only avaible hose, but 4 way so cant bend to wanted coolant spot. 1 and 2, have no home. 1 is a weird plastic thing

Last edited:

integra2

that water neck pipe thing or what ever:
2 go to the coolant 2 do vacuum

did you read the instructions?
I read them ,but theres no pictures. I figured #2 went ther,e but the way its designed the elbow doesnt let me bent it. ITs made from a plastic and preventign it to reaching that hose. And wont it just come out from the #1 ? becayse 1-2 are connected. ill go try it again. brb

Merlins Beard

*Beard not included
That is 2 different and separate hoses that are made together not a 4 way hose (1-2 is one line and 3-4 is the second). The lower hose is for coolant attaching the tstat housing to something I can't remember, and the upper hose is a vacuum line which attaches to the intake from the valve cover. When I installed my cai, I just got some hose and routed it to carry the coolant from that hard line, and ran some more hose to cover the vacuum line to the intake. Doing this will remove the need for that hard section. It looks like those sections of hose are not installed correctly.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
no, i actually dont know what that extra nipple is, not that ive seen it. the coolant hose goes from the head to the FITV im not sure what the small nipple next to the big nipple is for

i dont remember that on my gsr.

integra2

That is 2 different and separate hoses that are made together not a 4 way hose (1-2 is one line and 3-4 is the second). The lower hose is for coolant attaching the tstat housing to something I can't remember, and the upper hose is a vacuum line which attaches to the intake from the valve cover. When I installed my cai, I just got some hose and routed it to carry the coolant from that hard line, and ran some more hose to cover the vacuum line to the intake. Doing this will remove the need for that hard section. It looks like those sections of hose are not installed correctly.
hey. I understand 1-2 ,3-4 are differnent. but the plastic elbow makes them all 4 fused. Question, u say i need to put one of the hoses to the valve cover? But I have that one routed to my Air intake. Should i remove that one? and replace it with the #2?

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
hey. I understand 1-2 ,3-4 are differnent. but the plastic elbow makes them all 4 fused. Question, u say i need to put one of the hoses to the valve cover? But I have that one routed to my Air intake. Should i remove that one? and replace it with the #2?
one side needs to be connected from the valve cover to the intake another from the head to the fitv as i said before

integra2

one side needs to be connected from the valve cover to the intake another from the head to the fitv as i said before
ok I already got a hose going from the valve cover to the intake. So thats one down. And my #3 is already in the FITV , and #4 was always attached , i never touched it. So those must be right then. Right?
So where do i find the coolant hose
ONly other thing i can think to do is, move the #3 to the coolant, then somehow try to bend the #1 where the fitv is? But the damn elbow doesnt let me

Last edited: