Installed some ddmtuning lights

JayVee

2Dr Banger
Found out ddmtuning was locally 15mins from my house so I picked up a set today . I went 35w 6000k 9006 bulbs , installed , and went out for a drive tonight .

For the price not going to lie you pay for what you get . Overall brightness is better then the old halogen I had . This is def not a 100% keeper . Hopefully I can try a retro soon , but for the meantime these will do .

I was wondering if anyone knew how to adjust the lighting ? If you can see the driverside light doesn't shine much near the hood like the passenger side . Can I adjust or should I just replace the bulb ?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
Ew. Idk if its the camera but they dont look like 6k which is odd cus i know ddm's 5k and 6k and theyre usually more white.

Your driver side appears to be pointed higher than your pass. Theres 2 adjustment screws on the headlight. One on the outer top corner and one centerish. To adjust up and down its the center one youre looking for. The outer top adjustment is left/right.

TheSkygun

I'm going with camera settings because that looks more blue then my 8000k bulbs
If they are like that I think they gave you the wrong bulbs, I can bring my 6000k and 8000k down to test.

Yeah the left isn't aimed right, needs to go down a bit

JayVee

2Dr Banger
@nemesiscbr it's def the cell cam lol . A lot more white and hint of blue . Could they possibly gave me 8000k ? Damn I know I can swap them at their shop if their messed up , but Idk about bulb color . Maybe I'll go 5000k if I can . They look good , but slightly blue no lie .

TheSkygun

Which is it more like

Note 55w ballasts (washing out the blue)
Left 8000k. Right 6000k
So if in 35w ballasts there would be more blue in both, tomorrow (maybe tonight) I can use my 35w ballast from them with both bulbs to see

Last edited:

JayVee

2Dr Banger
@theskygun now that I think about it I'm gonna check it out tmrw hopefully not , but yeah I saw his for sale thread , but ugh just can't afford it right now with the bills

JayVee

2Dr Banger
No lie its def more on the blue side with the 55w 8000k on the left . No where near white like the 55w 6000k on the right . If you got spare time to do 35w that'd be cool lol .

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
Camera has to be one factor. Another thing is, how clean are your headlights? I see a lot of cars that look like theyre in the 10k range with greenish/blue hue's.

Dont forget to factor in selling your headlights will reduce total cost. Not much for 94 headlights lol but you'll actually be selling 98 headlights. I can still flex a little bit on the price cus i want to sell them quickly. I just have to give up labor costs.

JayVee

2Dr Banger
Lol .
Yeah camera isn't spot on and headlights I haven't cleaned lately . If my 6000k looks like 8000-10000k from the chart yoy showed me nemesiscbr then either my output isn't what they said it was or my headlights are filthy..and they look fairly clean imo .

Those headlights are 98-01 . You're telling me if I swap the headlight housing on those they'll be 94-97 ?

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
A little bit of hazing can drop the quality of the light more than you think. Its possible the bulb colors are off, they are aftermarket afterall. They should not, however, look that blue/green at 6k. I have 5k and my friend has 6k ddm's. Some of that may be the projector itself. You dont know the condition of the reflector inside. Headlight lenses are usually the first culprit. Based on that chart, you tell us what color it matches to your eyes.

Yeah i stated in the ad that they can be used for any gen 3 but requires a lens swap for 94-97 lights. Just the lens covers need to be swapped. You'll be left with a 98 set.

JayVee

2Dr Banger
Yeah but I figured me going in to the actual retail portion they would at least grab the right light output . They're def in the 8000-10000k light output area . I'm assuming the hazing could be the culprit . I know lens plays into effect , but how does the projector ?

It's tempting as hell to wanna buy that light output looks clean af . Saw your fs thread , just $ is tight .