installing exhaust, suggestions?

CortezBanks

So as you know i just got a n1 exhaust and i was gonna check with you as to the easiest way to install. As far as i know you just unbolt the piping from the cat and take it off the hangers, then replace. do u guys have any tips or anything. am i doing this right?

tisguy

that's the jist of it. lol, what more do you need to know? maybe some wd-40 on the hangers cuz some of them are a bitch to pull off.

CortezBanks

ok so ive been at it not too long. but the whole time trying to get the Cat bolts out. they are a bitch. tough stuff, but i put on some wd-40 type stuff and waiting for it to soak

crzy azn

is crzy
fun fun. post up some pics when your done.

nexgenintegra

1ac4u2nv
put never-seez on the bolts and gsakets, next time you need to pull out the exhaust it wont give you any problems

CortezBanks

ok so ive got it done. the cat bolts were the hardest part and had to put some wd40 type stuff on them and they came off with quite a bit of force. i have pix in the 3rd Gen section thread name "got my exhaust today"

newspeed

CortezBanks said:
ok so ive got it done. the cat bolts were the hardest part and had to put some wd40 type stuff on them and they came off with quite a bit of force. i have pix in the 3rd Gen section thread name "got my exhaust today"

The cat bolts were the hardest part on mine too, i had to torch off all three as they are really badly rusted.