installing new seats

Seattleteggy

so i just bought 2 new racing bucket seats because i messed the drivers seat leather up really bad... and i dont really know how i should install it. they didnt come with instructions. all i know is that they wont fit the (original brackets) in the car. so i need to get racing ones or somthing...? would the best thing be to just go and have it profesh done? or can somebody please leave tips or a link. ALSO what about seatbelts and things...would the stock seatbelts work?

Jdm Dina

Function with Form
U need brackets for those seat to fit ur car. Check the manufacturers website or google seat brackets for the type of seats u have

Sent from Tomodachi Squad's Garage

dlo253

It's not lookin like it...

Probly gonna have to go with generic ebay rails for your chassis. Does not sound safe to me, at all. Safety equipment is not something to cut corners on..

dlo253

Due to possibly inferior materials, and safety requirements. And most likely no crash testing. Do you have a link to the manufacturers site? Most non name brand seats don't do very well in a crash. That's why the real ones are so expensive, there is a lot more that goes into it than making a fancy looking seat, ya know?
As for the seatbelts, I have a G2 so I'm not sure how the seatbelts are mounted on DCs. But I'm sure it can be made to work..

Seattleteggy

ok that makes a lot of sense:) ive already bought them though so they are still worth a try and if they dont work so good i can always buy better ones in the future. im having a hard time finding just simple generic rails on ebay..the seats already have the sliders on them

Seattleteggy

i live in a super super small town out of seattle. roads are safe and not a lot of drivers. so im not to worried about the (safety).

dlo253

Do you know anybody who can weld? If so, it won't be too hard to make sumthn work..