INTAKE manifold swap

badshadowej

cameron
just got my skunk2 intake manifold but am finding its a bitch to get on anyone have any help or tricks its a ls and the bottom bolts are a complete bitch

Slo_Teggy

Slow Driver
bitches be crazy

If you're not willing to take your entire engine out, then you just have to deal with it. The bottom bolts ARE a bitch to take out but they will come out. I think there is a valve on the IM that you need to plus as well or you'll get an engine light. I know it's that way with the D series. Just take your time, make sure everything is well lit, and get'r done. Hope you have a nice new gasket to put on there.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
PM jay jay he did a write up on Club Civic on changing the GSR intake manifold on a civic while the motor was in.

badshadowej

cameron
LIke my idle is fucking weird as shit now its high and low like my Eyeact (if thats how u spell it) is acting up plus there isanother coolant line i dont need so i have to plug it somehow idk this shit is fucking pissing me off though! idles high n low high n low etc. idk there is a numerous amount of shit that could be wrong

mirrorimg

When I put my manifold on my head (not in car) I did notice that a lot of the lower studs were a bit short. I wasnt able to thread the nuts on very far before hitting the manifold. I got around this by smoothing out the casting marks around the stud holes to get another mm for the nut.

You probably have a vacuum leak at the manifold gasket if you didnt get all of the nuts on.

MrG

SGT TEG
i had the same problem when i installed the IM on my old LS engine. all was tight and i had a code for the IAC? make sure thats all good.

badshadowej

cameron
Air leak is good newer jdm ls is obd2 so no lil sensor or whatever under the throttle cable mount WHICH i just noticed the next day soon after putting my finger over the hole noticed a huge difference, but i also noticed that there was this orange plastic peice one the ends of the fuel injectors that kinda broke a little off on two but idk if thats a HUGE problem

maddogg20

I installed my manifold when the head was off the block. if its giving you that much trouble, get a head gasket set and pull the head. I started at 8am, had the head off by 11, took it to my friends shop, machined it, and had it back on and running by 8pm lol. When u have the manifold off make SURE and change all the water lines that go on the manifold, between the head and manifold, and between the manifold and block. TRUST me itll save u time later because replacing one of them on the car when it split open and dumped hot coolant everywhere it a real pain in the ass.

Andy