intake suggestions.

dekaf

pǝʇuɐɹb ɹoɟ buıɥʇou ǝʞɐʇ
i got an injen cai and that thing roars noticeable added power for sure and def loud

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
So wait this bypass valve thing how does it work? Do I switch it on when it rains?
No, it's a vacuum activated valve. During normal driving, it stays closed and all air is pulled from the filter. If the filter were to go submerged under water, it would pull a hard vacuum inside the tube which opens the flaps on the bypass valve. In this situation, the engine will pull air from the bypass valve instead of sucking up the water.

It works. Sport Compact Car Magazine did a test on it a long time ago where they ran an intake from an NSX into a fish tank of water and did dyno pulls. The car survived unscathed.

The article explains just about everything you need to know about it:
http://www.modified.com/tech/0104scc_aem_air_bypass_valve/index.html

Last edited:

TheNailGuy

Yes im a NailTech
No, it's a vacuum activated valve. During normal driving, it stays closed and all air is pulled from the filter. If the filter were to go submerged under water, it would pull a hard vacuum inside the tube which opens the flaps on the bypass valve. In this situation, the engine will pull air from the bypass valve instead of sucking up the water.

It works. Sport Compact Car Magazine did a test on it a long time ago where they ran an intake from an NSX into a fish tank of water and did dyno pulls. The car survived unscathed.

The article explains just about everything you need to know about it:
http://www.modified.com/tech/0104scc_aem_air_bypass_valve/index.html
I heart u thanjs bro

Hunter1208

Integralove
I've read about those v stacks I'm curouis to know if they work tho

and u can get a sock for the aem v2 ( forget what's it's called) but it's supposed to block water from coming in the intake
but I've never used it just what was said when researched it

TheNailGuy

Yes im a NailTech
Ya I heard read about the socks also..I can't seem to find the aem v2 with bypass. Do they still make em? I migjt just have to csll them.

Aem v2 might be the winner if this bypass thing works