Integra Died. Help asap.

gs300cky

well take it to a mechanic shop and you can leave it there until you do get money cuz without seeing it then all we do is guess. but do you have any check eng lights on or anything?

PioneerLS

well when i turn it to accessories all lights come on, only when the engine is running it actually displays correct lights, im pretty sure..

WAR 178

Premium User
not to be mean... great suggestions guys but he doesn't even know what his starter is. maybe you should take this to a shop before you cause more harm than good.
x2 its shop time.
Bring some air freshner,etc....no hotboxing the parents suburban.
G/L

PioneerLS

guys im not doing this alone lol my grandpa is a mechanic, hes not top knotch but he can get a lot of stuff done, but if it has to go to the shop it will.

T-nastyteggy

guys give him a break everyone has started out on somethin its not like you start knowing everything about hondas or motors half the fun is figuring stuff out on your own and learning from it so taking it to a shop is a waste of money yea its the easy way but also the expensive way i would rather do it right myself then pay someone else to maybe do it right but having honda friends are always nice to learn from so i say keep trying and workin on it you'll figure it out eventually

1994 Integra LS

Smartin

Same thing happened to me, open the head, didnt look at the bottom and my timing belt was fckddd. Messed up internals.
Just got my b20 high comp done today :)

Check for spark, fuel, timing, and compression.

check your main relay, ignition coil, fuel pump, etc.

But yea do some research, look through some threads.
Also try youtube!

Goodluck .

MathewDC4

help with integra dying??

have someone push the car in reverse while the car is neutral for about 20 feet then kick the clutch and it should start

Knice

Live & Die by Integras
If all checks out good check the IC or ICM...mine died on me randomly while I was in the middle of driving on the road. It would comes and goes (troubleshoot for 2 months). It would crank but wont turnover. Replaced from the main relay, fuel filter to the ICM. The last part I replaced was the ICM and problem hasnt return since. Hope this helps in some ways...Good luck. Let us know your outcome.

mirrorimg

The rotor cap isn't spinning when I crank the engine, does that mean the timing belt snapped?
and i cant really take off the thing to check under my timing belt or anything :\

if the rotor isnt spinning though isnt it for sure the timing belt?
YES. Its most likely the timing belt in that case. Im surprised no one answered that when you first asked it.

I certainly hope you arent turning the key to crank the motor and watching the rotor. If you did, you probably bent some valves. You are cranking the block, and the head is not in-sync with it, so you may be catching some fully open valves when the piston comes all the way to TDC.

Take off the valve cover, and if you need to, the top half of the timing belt cover. That will answer whether the timing belt snapped, or it being an issue with a broken/stripped dizzy rotor or other issues.

PioneerLS

YES. Its most likely the timing belt in that case. Im surprised no one answered that when you first asked it.

I certainly hope you arent turning the key to crank the motor and watching the rotor. If you did, you probably bent some valves. You are cranking the block, and the head is not in-sync with it, so you may be catching some fully open valves when the piston comes all the way to TDC.

Take off the valve cover, and if you need to, the top half of the timing belt cover. That will answer whether the timing belt snapped, or it being an issue with a broken/stripped dizzy rotor or other issues.
looks like im gonna be needing a new motor. definitely cranked that thing a lot. i literally hate being poor, ive only been driving for like a month and its already over. you can basically come to the conclusion i need a new motor, and thats gonna be like what 800-1000 dollars? thats gonna take a long time :l fml :cry:

unless fixing the valves arent that much to fix, but i doubt its cheap

Last edited:

mirrorimg

looks like im gonna be needing a new motor. definitely cranked that thing a lot. i literally hate being poor, ive only been driving for like a month and its already over. you can basically come to the conclusion i need a new motor, and thats gonna be like what 800-1000 dollars? thats gonna take a long time :l fml :cry:

unless fixing the valves arent that much to fix, but i doubt its cheap
You would need to take the VC off and verify of course.

Before you scrap it, you can do a leak down test to see if the valves are even bent. When a belt snaps, the lopey-ness of the non-vtec heads mean the cams settle faster than their VTEC counterparts, but when you continually crank it, it usually isn't for the best. A leak down test will tell you if you even have bent valves, and if you do, will help you pinpoint the problem ones. But a non-vtec head isn't very expensive. You would probably get one for a couple hundred with all internals, probably cheaper. If you were to just replace the valves, given you can determine which ones are the problem, you would need to unspring the head, switch them, then reinstall the springs. You need a spring compressor to get them back in.

PioneerLS

well were sending it to a shop. just replacing the timing belt is going to be 290.... testing valves and replacing them is probably going to be a lot as well. and i continually cranked it for up to 10 seconds and have cranked it many times, and once i heard a grinding noise but only once.