integra difference

XTurboAcuraX

whats up everyone. this is my first post so here goes. i am planing on buying an integra and i wanna know what's the difference between the gsr, type r, ls......(did i miss any?). how are they different in terms of performance?

ca86108

type r is 197 hp
gsr is 170
ls gs rs - 142

type r and gsr have VTEC while others dont
other integs SUCK unless u got alot of money to fix em up, so get type r or gs-r
theres many more diff also, like weight, type of vehicle, tranny with lsd, and other stuff

XTurboAcuraX

yeah i kinda figured that the gsr and type r are faster than the ls. im kinda looking for one thats around 1998. is there a chance that the type r or gsr will be 10 thousand or less. my mommy has a thing about cars. she doesn't want to pay more than 10 g's. and yeah my mom will be paying for my car. im only 18.

XTurboAcuraX

oh, and another thing. dam this is so f***ing embarassing. i don't know what a VTEC is. call me stupid or ignorant if you want. i don't know that much about cars. trying to learn though. please answer my stupid question of the day: whats a VTEC?

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
VTEC is a dual intake and exhaust cam system in which both cams have two set of lobes (one set with more lift and duration than the other) that the corresponding intake and exhaust valves follow. VTEC activates at 4400 rpm's in the GSR and at 5700 rpm's in a Type R. When it activates, the intake and exhaust valves switch over from the smaller cam lobes to the larger cam lobes, allowing more air to pass through the engine which greatly improves intake flow velocity and volume to create more power in this upper rpm range. As previously mentioned, 28 more hp in a GSR than the LS, RS, GS, and SE Integras, and the Type R has 53 more hp.

btw, USDM Type R's have 195 hp, JDM Type R's have 197 hp.
The only Integras with the LSD is the Type R.

DownShift96GSR

Welcome to the site. This is the place to be if you know nothing about Teggy's. IMO, i'd get a GSR. WHY? Insurance, thats why. You might be able to find a Type R for about $10,000, but you'll get raped with insurance. I say get a GSR if you want the extra GO over the RS,LS, and GS.

XTurboAcuraX

thanks for the welcome downshift!!! and yeah, i just might do that. look for a gsr, because my dear mommy hates getting raped on insurance. and i do want as much GO as possible on a stock car.

94tegT3 turbo

Welcome bro. Yeah the GSR is the way to go if u can't find a Type-R or don't wanna pay all that insurance. Besides, u still have the DOHC VTEC like the Type-R and if u add an intake u'd have the same horsepower or pretty damn close. However, there's no feeling like the Type-R.

DownShift96GSR

Type R's are sweet no doubt, but the GSR is just nice. Not too flashy, but yet nothing to not take seriously. You know what I mean?

XTurboAcuraX

yeah man, i know what you mean. i just hope my mom won't see the ls and the grs next to each other and watch me pick the grs(more expenssive) i hope my mom will know what i mean when that time comes.

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
94tegT3 turbo said:
Besides, u still have the DOHC VTEC like the Type-R and if u add an intake u'd have the same horsepower or pretty damn close.
That's the biggest load of BS I've seen in a long time, on this site or any other.
25 HP from an intake? :roll:

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
The Type R is a straight up track car, made street legal. The GSR is a more "comfortable" car to drive. The Type R is a stiffer, louder ride than a GSR. Not all Type R's have cruise control or AC, all GSR's do. Type R's have no sound deadening material in the cabin (to make the car lighter). GSR's do. No Type R has a sunroof, to improve structural rigidity for better handling. All GSR's have sunroofs. Just a few differences...