integra dying, please read! New to clubintegra!

ianDbeast

If you are reading this, thanks in advance!
Just got my first integra (95 gsr lsvtec)
Was driving it yesterday and today and lastnight and for some reason it likes to die when I come to a stop sometimes. After it dies, it usually won't start back up for a few minutes. It will crank, but not start.
I also noticed last night (it was cold outside but the teg was warm) after it died, I cranked it and it started back up but idled really high for about 4 seconds (like 3.5k) and then went back to normal.
I am going to change the fuel filter tomorrow, try to check for vacuum leaks (not sure everywhere to check), and possible take apart and clean the throttle body.
Any other suggestions? I am kind of desperate haha. :(
When it doesn't die and not start, it seems to run like a charm.

It is a stock (as far as I know) ls block with 179,xxx miles and a rebuild gsr head with a few thousand miles, and lsd gsr tranny. Buddy club cam gears, a new dizzy, no ps and a k&n intake. Any help would be very much appreciated. I know there are many threads about stuff like this (and yes I read a lot of them), but I was eager to make a profile and start posting cuz I really want to fix this!
I know it needs some cleaning!

superhypered

(╯°□°)╯ ლ(ಠ_ಠ ლ)
Yeah get some choke cleaner and spray around the intake manifold and intake arm to see if theres any vacuum leak, also maybe your idle is out of wack? Maybe not, that'd be more of a constant problem I think.

ianDbeast

What's weird is, when I use to drive my silverado, it was doing almost exactly the same thing. It turned out to just be a fuel pump ground that wiggled off. I was reading a lot about checking for vacuum leaks but my idle does not flucuate like others who end up with a vacuum problem. But I will still check though. Thanks for the responses! Ill update after I check.

superhypered

(╯°□°)╯ ლ(ಠ_ಠ ლ)
I believe my car has a vacuum leak. I'd start it up and it'd fluctuate to 2.5k-3k then drop to 1k. I assumed it was just warming up like my old RX-8 did, but my friend sprayed my intake manifold and the fluctuating stopped.

Unfortunately, my smog check is due on December 10th and I haven't fixed the hose yet, we'll see if she passes lol.

ianDbeast

Ok so when I got home today to check it out , I started it up and was about to check for vacuum leaks when I saw some white smoke comin from the exhaust. I let it warm up, revved it a little and some white smoke puffed out, and some moisture. I killed it, tried to start it back up and it cranked but wouldn't start. After about 3 tries it roughly started. Should I compression test? Maybe my head gasket is what's giving me all these problems? Thanks for all the replies! Let me know what yall think.

ianDbeast

Another update. All the help is appreciated guys.
Please note that I just got this teg 2 days ago...
It seems to leak like a faucet lol. Here's some pics:

Took off the spark plug cover and there was some leakage up there too.

Along with blowing some white smoke, it leaks like a faucet. And then, I noticed this in the trunk:

20w-50?
Isn't that a little much? Maybe the previous owner used it because it burns and leaks?

I guess here is my question:
I don't mind replacing the head gasket if I need to, and maybe a little more. But if it is going to start costing too much, I am just gonna sell it.
I would be replacing things with my buddy. I am 19 and have taken an auto class in high school and self taught everything else, so my experience is somewhat limited.
Thanks again in advance guys!
(believe me, I am doing my research on the forums too, not only asking here!)

superhypered

(╯°□°)╯ ლ(ಠ_ಠ ლ)
Holy fuck. You didn't check that before you bought it?

Also, I'm pretty sure your strut bar is upside down. That's how it looks under my car as a sway bar at the moment. Flip it.

Penten

Do Your Car A Favor And Run Some Better Oil xD And Get A New Head Gasket Lol Make Sure You Buy A OEM Gasket Too

el_mayto

I had exactly the same problem and it was my ecu.first I tried changing the main relay and no luck but after changing my ecu no problems try that and good luck...