Integra front speaker install

Aqualite_Solid

DB7 no Aston
My speakers blew in my front door panels... Pop the panels off and I see this.... A connector how do I use a after market speaker with this?
Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk 2

ProjectTeg

Integra's FTMFW
You can just cut and splice spade connectors on. I know some speakers come with the connectors you need to splice on.

Sent from my DROID3 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Nick_C78

Personally, I would just snip that plug off and crimp on some normal speaker connectors vs spending 10 dollars for some silly adapter. Those wires are just your + and - for both the door speaker and door tweeter.

Aqualite_Solid

DB7 no Aston
Okay usually it's no problem but I've never see a plug in like this before thanks ppl

Sent from my M886 using Tapatalk 2

sour_logic

i took the plug off of the original speakers and soldered them up to my new ones. but a friend of mine said that i could have wired them up backwards and i wouldn't know the difference just by looking at them because the speakers wiill work in reverse but it is hard to actually see. is he right?

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
Well... nobody is going to see them when you have the door panels on but they will 'work' no matter which way you wired them in. If youre not going to check by wiring then you can tell because the speaker will vibrate inward rather than outward.