Integra has been sitting for 3 months, what to do before I start driving it again?

integraGSRkid

integraGSRkid
what should i do to make sure it wont break down since its been sitting for 3 moths for having a suspende license.??

heykosal

Angkorian
I think there's an additive that you can pour into the tank for start-ups after long periods of not running. I'm not sure what it's called and I'm too lazy to look it up right now.

But other than that, I'd check the plugs and wires, check the oil to be sure there's no water or coolant in it, and check the coolant to make sure it's okay too.

Just give it a good once over. It may not be necessary but hey why not.

integraGSRkid

integraGSRkid
my car is stored an hour away from where i live and i cant drive yet, my license is suspended. but ok thanks for the tips guys i apreciate it!

j13

Keep It Clean
Put some seafoam in the tank and put it on some jack stands. Close your windows and I would put a rag in the tail pipe to stop misture and creatures from going in there.

Also if its going to be in the sun try and cover it. Or put small tarps over the hood, roof, hatch and cover your dash with a beach towel.

No matter what, start the car every 2 weeks to clean out the injectors from gumming up.

If you have a bettery tender then take out the cell and keep it on a 1amp charge or 1/2 amp charge for the time you're going to be storing it.

Never keep the battery on the ground, they say the earth draws out power.

You should be ready to store it..

jznsn2u

take a couple hours off to go n idle your car. If I had my car in the garage for that long because of a suspended license id... wire tuck.