Integra having starting trouble. Your help will be needed.

integracivic

Hello, i just bought an 93 Integra. Its all stock everything. New plugs distributor. Car had a alarm on it. The last owner put a toggle switch straight from power to the fuel pump. He said the alarm fried something. Also the alarm fried the main right fuel 50 under the hood. Thats all i know about the car.

So my problems start here. I drive the car home for about 3 miles and noticed the car bogged and fuel cut and car died while diving. I took it out of gear and jumped back into gear witch turned car back on. (toggle switch is on when driving) Now car was at home for while and i was working on it. I have a ef to switch parts so tried the relay and fuel fillter. No change. But now car wont start at all. It turns over but not all the way its just there. So i did a fuel test and cracked the nut on the fuel rail side of the fuel filler. Primed the car and no gas shout out when car primed. But gas was there in the lines. When car did work it ran ruff idle was boggie wouldnt go over 3000rpms unless i tapped the gas in a funky way. So today i took the fuel pump out it really makes a hight (EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE) noise when it primes, i think its fried from being on the toggle switch.
So i hard wired and just rewired it to the oem wires. Now when turn the key to 2 all lights stay on. i go under the dash and wiggle a white and blue wire that went to the alarm/relays ect and the fuel pump will prime and lights will go off.

Weird right? ( i understand this car is messed up but i want to fix it and get its full potential. And it drove before but not welll)
Please help me i can explain anything you want to know about the car im just so stuck.

DonJulio

Reppin' tha NW
Replace all fuses, low and high amps.

Rewire all wires back to oem.

Rip out that stupid alarm.

Reinstall the alarm if you wish after it's running again, but make sure it's professional.

A single unsoldered and uninsulated wire can put them car in the junkyard if not kill you while your in it.

integracivic

And all the fuses I know that have to deal with fuel I checked

integracivic

Replace all fuses, low and high amps.

Rewire all wires back to oem.

Rip out that stupid alarm.

Reinstall the alarm if you wish after it's running again, but make sure it's professional.

A single unsoldered and uninsulated wire can put them car in the junkyard if not kill you while your in it.
Thanks for the ideas

DonJulio

Reppin' tha NW
Does the fuel pump prime when key is on acc?

Check all your grounds. 1 loose ground can prevent your car from starting.

integracivic

Does the fuel pump prime when key is on acc?

Check all your grounds. 1 loose ground can prevent your car from starting.
Ok I turn the key to the number 2. Check engine light stays on. I tap the white/blue wires and it primes. Light turns off. But oils light stays on is that something? Car worked befor mind you I drove it home and around the block.

Nick_C78

You answered your own question. It has a short in the wire you keep tapping. My guess would be loose pins.

DonJulio

Reppin' tha NW
Something along those lines. There is a short.

Cel, battery and such lights do not turn off until the car has been started and running.

Find the short and you have a running car.

integracivic

Something along those lines. There is a short.

Cel, battery and such lights do not turn off until the car has been started and running.

Find the short and you have a running car.
I turn the key to the number 2 and all lights come on but the check eng light comes on a sec later

integracivic

You answered your own question. It has a short in the wire you keep tapping. My guess would be loose pins.
Good point. I took all the old alarm wires out. It looks like they sliced 2 wires from the ignition that's were I would wiggle it. And it looks like they spliced 3 wires from the fuse box to the harness going up the dash. I tryed wiggling the shit outta all the wires that were used in the alarm. Now the fuel pump won't turn on. There's something diffent now. When I Conect the - negative side of the batter it sparks alittle. It never did that befor so I know there's some kinda short or something. I just need help looking for it. I'm still real stumped. The oem wires that were cut are only sliced and crimped not cut all the way thru

DonJulio

Reppin' tha NW
Disconnect your battery.

Seal up all oem wires.

Reconnect battery.

Now, bust out a short circuit detector.

Check everyone of your fuses to see any is blown.

Do the same for the black boxed fuses.

Then inspect all relays.

This is a long tedious process. Don't cut corners and take your time.

Sometimes it can be little things like lose connectors or the metal pins in the 2 connectors aren't making contact when plugged in.